Old Mopar guy, new here

-

talonhead

Reaction score
Hi all. Was looking at a lot of pics on the web of old Mopars and it reminded of the ones I had owned, so I thought a forum would be my best bet to see if any of these cars were still rolling. I know this is an 'A' body site, but here goes.

The first one was a a red '70 Challenger original engine and Trans 318 with a 340 TF 727, swapped out for a 383/727. Sold in Texas in the early '90's when my mom moved (I was stationed in HI) tags were TX KGN-446.

The second was a '69 Dart 340 4 speed, light blue with Mr. Gasket filter scoop sticking through the hood, last seen wearing Goodyear Eagle ST's on 5 slot mags. Sold to a Navy guy in Pearl Harbor, HI in Sept. '88
My current passion is a 'Blue Oval' car that's getting a heart transplant of the BBF variety backed up by a BW LS1 T56 (replacing the blown V6/5spd OEM)
However, another Mopar is on the way in the form of a 2014 Ram 3500 CTD!
My wife has stated if we buy a new CAR it WILL BE a Challenger!

I loved my Dart, it's looks alone got me into many places on Oahu that many non-Hawaiians wouldn't normally be welcomed.

If I did some serious digging I could come up with some VIN's, just not now.
Thanks, great to be here.
MikeH

Welcome aboard Mile! Up top, just below the banner, are the sister sites. There is a B body and E body only forum you can also check out. JoeyChgo, the sites owner also is a Ford owner as well though it is a bit newer than the old iron sides we have here as the focus.

Hey Joey, perhaps a "ForFordsOnly" site is in order?

Welcome, Mike. Don't feel bad, I'm a Mopar guy at heart but I also have a 2005 Mustang GT. Everyone here has been very helpful and friendly.

Welcome to the site!
How about some pics even if it's of the blue oval product?
I for one am a car enthusiast and especially an a-body fan because that's my choice of venue....it's what i know best.

Mike! Welcome aboard the best darn site going, jump on in and enjoy the great Tec's and folks we have here :cheers:

The blue oval is a '93 Thunderbird SuperCoupe, tripe black. Original engine Trans was a 3.8l supercharged v6 backed up with a M5R2 5 Spd. Much more refined than either the Dart or Challenger. But, not the seat of the pants power of either.
This should be cured by the BBF! The 460 is a '73 unit that will be retro-fitted with EFI & EDIS 8 ignition controlled by an EEC IV ECM with a Quarter Horse chip. The transmission is a remand 2000 Camaro LS1 T56 with a viper front plate and McLeod BBF/T56 bell housing.
MikeH

Welcome to the site Mike ! Nice list of cars you have ( or had ) .

-
Back