Old Mopars - A Transporter Full!

-

SpikeWills69

Live Free or Die
Reaction score

Yesterday, I was travelling east on I-94, west of Minneapolis when I got a glance at a car transporter headed west. Sadly, I didn't see it soon enough to get a really good look, and sorry, sure didn't get a picture. :eek:ops:
It had five old 50's mopars on it, and after I caught my breath, I wondered if they all came from the same barn. They had that barn find look, you know, dull paint and dirty, but looked good from what I could see. Here's what I think I saw. Remember it was a quick glance;

1957 Chrysler Windsor?
1955 Chrysler Station Wagon?
1955 or 56 Plymouth station wagon?
Another finned Chrysler ???
Maybe another Plymouth ???

Sure wish I had gotten a better look, and a picture or two. This one will drive me crazy for awhile, oh well. :wack:

Did you drive past St. Cloud? Next time stop in and say "hi" and I'll show ya around some cool Mopar garages :glasses7:

Yesterday, I was travelling east on I-94, west of Minneapolis when I got a glance at a car transporter headed west. Sadly, I didn't see it soon enough to get a really good look, and sorry, sure didn't get a picture. :eek:ops:
It had five old 50's mopars on it, and after I caught my breath, I wondered if they all came from the same barn. They had that barn find look, you know, dull paint and dirty, but looked good from what I could see. Here's what I think I saw. Remember it was a quick glance;

1957 Chrysler Windsor?
1955 Chrysler Station Wagon?
1955 or 56 Plymouth station wagon?
Another finned Chrysler ???
Maybe another Plymouth ???

Sure wish I had gotten a better look, and a picture or two. This one will drive me crazy for awhile, oh well. :wack:

I know a guy... I'll call him Larry , who restores high end 50's convertibles, usually rough cond. and buys decent 2&4drs ,cuts them up to restore the convertibles, Last few yrs he has been into Mopars...Chry 300, Dodge D-500s,etc. Just heard today he bought another truckload. Maybe?

No, Not that deal, but I know Skip and he has picked up a bunch of those and is still dealing with that estate.

Did you drive past St. Cloud? Next time stop in and say "hi" and I'll show ya around some cool Mopar garages :glasses7:

We did drive past the exits to St Cloud on 94. Man I would love that. Thanks for the invite, and if we ever make it back out that way we will do it.

I know a guy... I'll call him Larry , who restores high end 50's convertibles, usually rough cond. and buys decent 2&4drs ,cuts them up to restore the convertibles, Last few yrs he has been into Mopars...Chry 300, Dodge D-500s,etc. Just heard today he bought another truckload. Maybe?

Hmmm... maybe. Very interesting and I am all ears. One of the finned cars could have been a Desoto too.

Hmmm... maybe. Very interesting and I am all ears. One of the finned cars could have been a Desoto too.
About 20 yrs ago I looked at a 58 Ply convertible that I heard about through the grapevine. It had a 57 front clip on it and was covered with about a hundred bicycles. I was too slow and it disappeared. Guess where it showed up last fall? Yup, and Larry had a NOS 59 Ply quarter panel that he's going to cut and put on the 58.

[ame]http://youtu.be/4O2-ql1V1WM[/ame]

About 20 yrs ago I looked at a 58 Ply convertible that I heard about through the grapevine. It had a 57 front clip on it and was covered with about a hundred bicycles. I was too slow and it disappeared. Guess where it showed up last fall? Yup, and Larry had a NOS 59 Ply quarter panel that he's going to cut and put on the 58.

Wow, that is so cool. This guy must really have connections for all this vintage mopar iron. So he must be a friend of yours?

I have been in Internet and cell phone "NO MAN'S LAND" for the last week. Any updates on info on these beauties?

Yes, I have been suffering from FABO withdrawal. At a local Micky D's in Pa right now that has internet.

I have been in Internet and cell phone "NO MAN'S LAND" for the last week. Any updates on info on these beauties?

Yes, I have been suffering from FABO withdrawal. At a local Micky D's in Pa right now that has internet.
I may be in 'Larry's' neighborhood in a couple weeks, I'll let you know if I find anything new.

Dang, sounds like a MOPAR Lottery win to me.

Well I think you were right,just found out they got around 250 cars a few weeks back. "Larry" was gone (vacation?) and didn't get any. Most are already gone, sold to Sweden, etc. The whole lot was offered for $500,000.00 but was declined. Chrys. 300's, Desoto Pace Car, Lincoln Conn. A guy I know bought 2 42 Desotos and his dad bought a Packard conv. That estate still has more cars.

Anyone cruising I-70 through Ohio, at mile post 151 on the Eastbound side, there are some interesting Mopar pieces lined up on top of the hillside. Don't know if they are for sale or not.

-
Back