Old people should not drive...

-

cudajim

cudajim
Reaction score
Not a joke but here goes....

I drive my daily driver 67 notchback Barracuda 6/904 to work and around town quite often. Since we're expecting rain tomorrow I decided to gas it up on my lunch break. I was almost to the gas station, stopped at a red light when wham, some old gal behind me in a Chevy hit the gas instead of the brake and plowed right into me. I only worked on it for 3 years to get it in near mint condition only to have this old lady make a big dent in the right behind under the bumper. She claimed she was on the way to the hospital to get her mother (passenger) to the doc and was late. Right now I'm not feeling too good & I need a beer.

Take a deep breath and be glad no one was hurt and you were not at fault. I know it sucks, but that's why people have insurance.

As was already said, accidents happen and thats what insurance is for.
Now as for old people shouldn't drive lets see how you feel about that when your old.

At a certain point they should not drive, or get examined every year.
My father @ 79 just cornholed a trailer and broke his hip,as well as took a fracture to the skull because he was to damn stubborn to give up his privilege to drive.

He is now bed ridden and on hospice because of his stubborn behaviour.

SO forgive me if I don't beleive in a persons RIGHT to drive after a certain age, nor care for the colon cancer people try to force on others

1545226_527945330637777_1177719524_n.jpg

1536613_527945367304440_1340122700_n.jpg

75610_527945410637769_1090457604_n.jpg

driving isn't a "right" at any age , how about any aclown who gets in an accident while talking on the phone gets barred from driving for life ? sounds a lot fairer than age discrimination .

Sorry to hear of your wreck. It doesn't sound too bad, got a pic?
This is why I don't drive my older Mopars to work - not trying to be smart.

You can't just blame old people. I think it was "MrMopartech?" posted the other day someone really ruined his and "his" day, some distracted kid plowed into his dually pickup, hard enough to break his head with the rear window. That's right. That's what I said.

Not a joke but here goes....

I drive my daily driver 67 notchback Barracuda 6/904 to work and around town quite often. Since we're expecting rain tomorrow I decided to gas it up on my lunch break. I was almost to the gas station, stopped at a red light when wham, some old gal behind me in a Chevy hit the gas instead of the brake and plowed right into me. I only worked on it for 3 years to get it in near mint condition only to have this old lady make a big dent in the right behind under the bumper. She claimed she was on the way to the hospital to get her mother (passenger) to the doc and was late. Right now I'm not feeling too good & I need a beer.
maybe you shouldn't be out there in an obsolete pos in the way of old guys in hemi challengers

Is that REALLY what you wanna go with here?
when I go to a cruise in or a show its mostly old guys there no more dangerous than the obsolete cars.you really want them off the road and the cars stored in the garage

You can't just blame old people. I think it was "MrMopartech?" posted the other day someone really ruined his and "his" day, some distracted kid plowed into his dually pickup, hard enough to break his head with the rear window. That's right. That's what I said.

Nope, them kind of idiots need to have their license taken away for an extended period.....then maybe they will appreciate the privilege more.

maybe you shouldn't be out there in an obsolete pos in the way of old guys in hemi challengers

Is that REALLY what you wanna go with here?

when I go to a cruise in or a show its mostly old guys there no more dangerous than the obsolete cars.you really want them off the road and the cars stored in the garage

It's really too bad I am old, because when I was only 50 I was not the least bit afraid to have at least tried to give you as *** whoopin you would not soon forget for comments like that. What a f-bombin attitude you've got. My only consol is that some day you'll get yours.

Maybe when you get high and drunk, you should stay off this board? I think I heard your meth cooker boilin over.

I'll post a pic tomorrow. BTW, this is the 2nd wreck in 4 years from old people who happen to come out at lunchtime in this town. The other one was in a parking lot. The old guy just pulled out without looking, right into my Lexus.

You must be on the wrong site. This site is about Mopar A bodies and the people who love them. You should go over to the DUMB *** site. This is from one of those old Mopar guys. :angry1:

It's really too bad I am old, because when I was only 50 I was not the least bit afraid to have at least tried to give you as *** whoopin you would not soon forget for comments like that. What a f-bombin attitude you've got. My only consol is that some day you'll get yours.

Maybe when you get high and drunk, you should stay off this board? I think I heard your meth cooker boilin over.
nearly 70 myself don't even take prescrption medications im not the one suggesting who should drive.

You must be on the wrong site. This site is about Mopar A bodies and the people who love them. You should go over to the DUMB *** site. This is from one of those old Mopar guys. :angry1:
currently have a 67 gt 69 340 swinger 13 challenger rt 13 dodge journey first new car 69 superbee paid for with money made in viet nam

The old people are afraid to give up their independence. Even though they know that they shouldn't.

WOW. to the guy in the accident, this as was said, why people have insurance...

To Tet, the guy with a smart *** additude on driving OLD cars, WHY don't you drive ALL those you have instead of that 13 Challenger? There obsolete too yeah? I got a 67 power wagon that would literally walk over ANY of those you mentioned, without question, BUT, wouldn't because I'm not stupid. And know HOW to drive.....

In the state I reside in, currently, once you hit 70, once a year your re-given your drivers test, and like normally if failed 3 times in I think a month you Permanently loose that PRIVILEGE!!!!!

Dangerous, or not, its not right if the guy was LEGALLY parked at a stop sign and was hit by an oncoming car, that because of age mistook the gas for the brake....

HOW does that make his OLD car, obsolete?

You're right. Old people should not drive. Returning to work at lunch today there was a white jeep headed straight at me in my lane . I pulled as far right into the next lane as I could to allow the dufus to continue without hitting me head on. The old twenty something guy driving was too busy texting to even have a clue that he wasn' t in the turn lane but the next lane over. So I think anyone old enough to text or use a cell phone should be removed from the road.

-
Back