old school vs new school

-
there is a difference between old school and new school, I see it , hear it, every day.

I'm gonna post once more here and then I'm gonna take Tonys approach and put this arrogant S.O.B on my ignore list as well.

I decided that I would do a little research on one Mr. Steve Caldwell since he claims to be so great. this is what I found.

this cat has over 56 videos of his 2 cars on Youtube. how many times do you guys wanna watch the same car do the same thing? well, go to Youtube and choose from 56.

I found some race results from Sonomas home page that list R/T, dial ins, and actual ET's.

I found that he can cut .050 to .189 lights and still win races. this is because of the folks in the other lane killing him on the tree and not having the sense to slow down at the finish line. yep, in many cases having .06 or better in their pocket and running it across the stripe on a breakout by .01 to .05.

don't get me wrong. I take wins any way I can get them. however, when I win like that I consider myself lucky........not awesome.

Steve, looks like you better stay at Sonoma and the surrounding areas. I browsed through the results and looked at way more racers than just you. I saw a ton of messes on timeslips in the finals. some pitiful R/T's and a WHOLE lot of non drivers who lose by not having the sense to drive the stripe with a big advantage when they get there.

you would be lunch meat at the tracks in my area, big guy.

I'm off to the race.

welcome to the ignore list.

Much ado about nothing. This is a good example of why I don't post much. The inflection is lost on the internet. I never met Steve, but I talked to Lisa at the track. She was cool. The Dart runs 10.0's to keep things simple.

I THINK the point of the post wasn't to brag or belittle the DragPak cars but to bring up an interesting fact---- you can spend 50k + for a Dragpak & run 10s or 9s if you're lucky OR spend 15-20k (or less in many cases) on average to run the same number with old school stuff & technology. This has always been my argument with the new factory racecars---and I ordered one! Fortunately Mopar forgot about me & I got a faster car for far less money!:cheers: These new cars are super---no argument about that--but the performance-per-dollar return is faaaaarrrrr too off-kilter to justify the expense unless you think you HAVE to have a factory built racecar......

I THINK the point of the post wasn't to brag or belittle the DragPak cars but to bring up an interesting fact---- you can spend 50k + for a Dragpak & run 10s or 9s if you're lucky OR spend 15-20k (or less in many cases) on average to run the same number with old school stuff & technology. This has always been my argument with the new factory racecars---and I ordered one! Fortunately Mopar forgot about me & I got a faster car for far less money!:cheers: These new cars are super---no argument about that--but the performance-per-dollar return is faaaaarrrrr too off-kilter to justify the expense unless you think you HAVE to have a factory built racecar......

Exactly, what these haters don't know is that the drag pac owner and are friend and I rib him alot because of the money he spent on that car he has over 3 times the money in his car then I do.I knew I was good, hell you dumb asses google serching my name lol. is that all you could find out about me, Well I have the cars loaded the the motorhome packed and were off to the races, Think i can't race check this out i was Infineon pro track champ and won the King of the Track race for my second Wally a couple years ago so keep hatin loser. Here is another vid and at .049 look carefully out my window at the car on the starting line. More vids to come after the races.

[ame]http://youtu.be/DO8fLmhujKo[/ame]

Agreed!!

Sometimes it's just better to post "Look! Im running in the 9s", instead of making a comparison.

Whenever you do "X" vs "x" someone will always pick a side and sideline the thread.

So, you can't just apologize for coming off as pompous? Thanks for name calling and acting like a child, validating our point, and acting like ever other jackass that does not understand that discretion is better part of valor..

Cool story bro.

So, you can't just apologize for coming off as pompous? Thanks for name calling and acting like a child, validating our point, and acting like ever other jackass that does not understand that discretion is better part of valor..

Cool story bro.

I totally called it on the name calling!!
I realize I am a worthless unimpressive junk street car driving redneck with small radials and stock suspension, but man I wish our A bodies were a little closer in the world lol.

Am I cool for picking the wheels on the street??

Wouldn't the Dart go faster if it had wheelie bars set so the car stays planted flat and takes off faster? Wheelies are cool but that's all the vids I have seen too.....my buddy has a 64 Dodge Polara wagon that does wheelies......the Candy Wagon.....street car too....vids on YouTube of it.....just think these cars would be faster if no wheelies? I understand there are wheelie contests but doesn't this hurt the overall ET?

Of course most of the naysayers here never post vids of their cars running down the track.It would make it a more even playing field...just sayin..:wack:

Of course most of the naysayers here never post vids of their cars running down the track.It would make it a more even playing field...just sayin..:wack:

why would other people posting vids of their cars have anything to do with the fact that we all have had enough of the arrogance?

comparing the cars has nothing to do with us calling him out as a prick. he does have a fast car, but if you look around at tracks all over the country there are many more cars that are as fast or faster.

again, its the "look at me" attitude that he brings to the table that is making guys sick. videos of cars has nothing to do with that.

hell, I would bet that most of us here don't even have video of our cars unless it was when the car was new and we were tuning suspension or something. never have had the urge to go home and watch and love myself over and over on video like that.

This thread is just sad. What happened to this place. I remember when a thread like this would of had stuff like nice run or sweet! Now you get bashed on? What a shame. Used to be the best site on the net. Not any more. A few bad apples have spoiled it.

No, it's about not being politically correct and patting the bottoms of children, telling them it's OK to misbehave. On the same coin, jumping on people that hot rod instead of dump millions of bucks into the car your in love with. Not to mention other oxymoronical behavior that has no use in mentioning. If your cool with the delusion, then more power to you.

I guess if I start reading something that is not my "cup of tea", then I simply leave the thread........

Wheelsup73 that is one sick dart!!!!

I agree ! by the way fellas, none can be as arrogant as me. I'm just nice about it!
nothing wrong with show'n your ****, talk'n about your ****, as long as your not talk'n ****.
if ya talk **** expect it in return, twofold !
Wheelsup, nice car and you have the #s to prove it.

Wouldn't the Dart go faster if it had wheelie bars set so the car stays planted flat and takes off faster? Wheelies are cool but that's all the vids I have seen too.....my buddy has a 64 Dodge Polara wagon that does wheelies......the Candy Wagon.....street car too....vids on YouTube of it.....just think these cars would be faster if no wheelies? I understand there are wheelie contests but doesn't this hurt the overall ET?

I asked him that once in another thread, rather than supply a real answer he went straight to insults and name calling, yeah guys that's what makes this place the best site! LMAO get over it, it's a forum, people are going to voice different views. If you don't like it shut the forum down.
Yes I have supplied videos and picture of my car racing. Sorry it was on a street and I gave a turbo fox body the leave and still won. But I didn't come on shouting that turbos are bad or fox bodies are worse race cars than A bodies..... neither are true

This thread is just sad. What happened to this place. I remember when a thread like this would of had stuff like nice run or sweet! Now you get bashed on? What a shame. Used to be the best site on the net. Not any more. A few bad apples have spoiled it.

YUP !!!!!! ^^^^^^^^

On a good day Lisa's car has a 9 sec pass in it. Don't be a dick.

from this point on, this thread was doomed.
Tony and his daughter have nice cars as well, and they ain't no slouch either.

I'm sure Neff, Johnson, Prock, etc. bow to the greatness in this thread. :)

-
Back