Old stick in the mud

-

67cudafb

Reaction score
Well it's happened I am an old stick in the mud! My wife and I are in Bowling Green Ky for Hot Rod Reunion. Been trying to catch up with a couple of members up here. So decide to meet at the cruise in at Holiday inn. So ride over and this place is overrun with people and cars. Parking is crazy. So being an old geezer I said just too many people for me and keep driving on by. Had to call the guys and tell them to big a zoo for me. So it's official I am a stick in the mud! :wack:

Lived through the "Pismo Beach" car show, 30+ years.. (As a local resident, & participant) The big population draws you down,soul wise. And becoming a pain in the ***. I much prefer the local,smaller stuff.

have never like being in " crowds". gives me a totally weird feeling. if at an event that I am really big on seeing, with huge numbers. I tolerate it!!
maybe we have a " personality disorder" ?????LOL

Don't feel like the lone ranger. After dealing with people and their problems all week the last thing I want is a crowd. Dan

I have done the same. Don't feel bad about that. I drove past my class reunion two different years for the same reasons. It's your choice. tmm

Yall better not come to Carlisle then !!! LOL

I'd love to Mitch. Our group was planning the trip this year but the plans fell through. I'll walk up and introduce myself one of these years. Tmm

I'd love to Mitch. Our group was planning the trip this year but the plans fell through. I'll walk up and introduce myself one of these years. Tmm

That's too bad TMM, Maybe next year ??

I agree, i prefer to drive my stuff, than to show it. I typically avoid car shows. Big crowds bother me. So i guess at 46 years old, i am an old stick in the mud too.

I have done the same. Don't feel bad about that. I drove past my class reunion two different years for the same reasons. It's your choice. tmm

Class reunion, whats that ?!? I never went to any of mine. I hated school, couldent wait to graduate and actually get started with my life. The whole high school thing with cliques of people. I didnt care for anybody at my high school back then, so why would i go back and break bread with em now that they are prob balding middle aged losers who are prob sailing towards divorce #2, or #3.

Woulda liked to meet you Bill but I completely understood! There were a lot of people there!! We walked through the cars some and headed for Applebee's, we were hungry! Lol

Btw, we'll be in Destin till next Saturday if you happen to be over here anytime! That goes for all members, always enjoy meeting fellow Mopar people!!

Well feel better that I am not alone. :glasses7:

No need to feel bad anyways. Every one of us is unique. As such, you prob dont like crowds of people. I dont care for large crowds myself. Actually prefer to tinker in my shop by myself with the radio blasting out my fav tunes from the 60s thru the 80s. I have always been something of a loner. I bet dealing with bullshit thru my school days has cemented that. It has also cemented a fierce sense of independence, and cynicism.

-
Back