Old wrecking yards between Lancaster CA, Bullhead AZ and Las Vegas

-

65dartcharger

Dart Charger 273 Historian
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Next week me and my two sons will make the trip to Vegas for the MATS show. We will be flying in to LA and then take a trip up to Lancaster to meet Scott who sold me my Dart wagon.

After that we will be driving toVegas through Bullhead and the Hoover dam. But all off us would like to stop at some wrecking yards. If they have some early As would be sweet!

Any suggestions?

I don't know anything that way. I'm sure there is something.

Are you sticking around to go to Spring Fling April 23 & 24 ?

I don't know anything that way. I'm sure there is something.

Are you sticking around to go to Spring Fling April 23 & 24 ?

I wish! We will just do the MATS as the last show. A friend of mine might show my car at the Spring Fling but nothing sure yet!

65 dartcharger,

I have an American friend that lives in Umea, he's from the Los Angeles area and was all over the place around So Cal finding parts for his '67 Mustang rag top. He might know of some places. As a matter of fact, his Mustang is still in California, but he plans on shipping it home to Sweden soon.
If you want I can try and hook you two guys up?

Russ.

65 dartcharger,

I have an American friend that lives in Umea, he's from the Los Angeles area and was all over the place around So Cal finding parts for his '67 Mustang rag top. He might know of some places. As a matter of fact, his Mustang is still in California, but he plans on shipping it home to Sweden soon.
If you want I can try and hook you two guys up?

Russ.

Russ! That would be sweet! I thought I knew all US car owners in town but obviously not!!

I called him and left a message on his phone plus I e-mailed him, so now I'm just waiting. His car never made it to Sweden yet, maybe later this year if he comes back to visit and ship it, which is the plan.

He's a hell of a nice guy, kinda quiet, loves the old cars but isn't really a "car" guy info wise. His wife is from Umea, they met here in Utah going to college.

Anyway, ball's in his court, I'll stay on top of this and hope he calls. If you don't hear from me for a couple of days PM me so I wont drop this.

Russ.

65dartcharger,

Frank called today from Umea, said he'd get in touch with you on FABO by PM later on (guess it's night there. Said it was only like 1* outside). Let me know if you guys hook up.

Russ.

Well, you missed out,there WAS a large yard (US 93) between Boulder City Nevada and Kingman Arizona.Many restoreable cars. The whole place was auctioned off last spring. I am not sure where but I have been told that there is a yard in Bullhead Az.I was told it is in the Old Town section. I'm sure when you are driving thru any auto repair shop in Bullhead will give directions. When in the Vegas /Henderson area look up Pic-a-Part. Sometimes you will find autos from the 50's to the 70's that show up from time to time.

-
Back