olddman

-

olddman

Reaction score
I have a 1965 Dodge Dart GT, 273 V8. Bought set of tires the other day, went from 185/70R14 on the front to 205/70R14. After tires were mounted and I was turning to the right, the front left tire was rubing the end of the fender well right at the end of the wheel well chrome molding. Made it home and bent and cut piece of metal off so tire would not rub. However, I noticed that the right tire had more clearance than left tire. Measured and distance from tire to inside edge of lower fender is 1 1/2 inches on the left side and 1 inch on the right side. Distance from rear of tire on left side to edge of fender well lip is 5 inches and 5 1/2 inches on the right side. Is this normal or is there something that needs to be adjusted?

are your upper/ lower control arm bushings worn? has it ever been in an accident? Just some things to look at....

Thanks for the help fanofpetty. I jacked up my Dart and sure enought, the lower control arm bushings are worn out on the left hand side. Have never done this before, is it that hard to do?

-
Back