Older Edelbrock Manifolds

-

C130 Chief

Mechanical Genius
Reaction score
OK, is there anybody out there who has an older Edelbrock or DC catolog? I would like to know more anout the older Eddy manifolds like the LD4B, D4B, LD340 etc. Port size, Mopar part #s, years of production, application etc.

I bought an old used D4B recently for my '65 273 - I got it from a guy in New Jersey over the web. To be sure about carbs, I contacted Edelbrock via their website, and they were able to answer some of my questions.

Have you tried starting at the "source".......... Edelbrock, themselves?

I have an old DC catalog. I'll dig it out tonight. Ive used an LD340 before. Great street/strrip intake. There seems to be a few version of the LD340. Some have mopar part#s and some dont. Also some have the center divider notched and other do not. Mine had bolth the Mopar part # and the notch.

I own and have run the LD4B and LD340.
I do not have the actuall port size of ethier intake. The LD4B is on a engine now and the LD340 has been modified alot.
The LD4B is a 318 intake with port sizes to match. Smae goes for the LD340 for the 340/460 sized ports.
Both are excellent intake for basic upgrades to some real power potential gains with them. My stuff from another site. An LD-340. (Sorry about that.)
http://www.moparchat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2617&d=1040948024

100_0468.jpg

LD4B, is for 1966- newer 273, and 318 engines.

LD340 was made for the larger ports of the 340, and 360.

I love that post of yours. Good show cave man. I love it in print!

Thanks Caveman, that was exactly what I wanted. Still waiting for the nice folks at Edelbrock to return my e-mail.

Was looking for a vintage appearing small port intake for my 65, the LD4B seems to be the ticket.

273 engine? I keep forgetting, but isn't the 273 a 5/16 intake bolt at a different angle?

rumblefish360 said:
273 engine? I keep forgetting, but isn't the 273 a 5/16 intake bolt at a different angle?

I think that was one year only. 65 maybe ?

There's a tech article on the Early Valiant & Barracuda Club website that discusses the evolution of Mopar engines........ in that article, it says that the bolt angle on the 1965 273 was changed for the '66 and up.......

That's why I felt it was paramount to confirm that the D4B that I bought on the web was truly for a 1965 273. It did fit my '65 heads just fine, and I am inclined to surmise that the tech article is correct.

In fact, I saw a thread somewhere on this website from a lady who is having head/intake problems..... I think she put heads from a '67 (maybe) on her '65, and now her '65 intake manifold won't "fit".......

So if you're buying parts for a '65 273, beware.

Check ebay......... or the Early A-Body forum on this website. I just saw a post that has a link to a D4B available on e-bay for $149.99......... Thats about what I paid for mine.

here's one rare one for ya,,,,its a D64,,,for 65 273,,,,,wierd thing is it seems to have 3/8 holes,,,,,but has the correct angle for 65,,,,its going in my valiant signet convertible when the new motors done,,,,should make for interesting conversation when the hood is up

MVC-031S.JPG

MVC-033S.JPG

I'll be running 302 heads, so I want the later bolt angle. I just scored a LD-4B and it has the later bolt angle, but the early style throttle bracket bosses. Now I just need to convert my 1965 AFB to electric choke.

AdamR said:
I think that was one year only. 65 maybe ?
1st couple of years. 64/65. But after that, I *Think* it's the norm after that.

Smokn440 has a smokin intake. Nice, real nice.

Ok here are some photos of my "Coil bracket",
if I recall, it was a throttle return sping bracket.
I bent it a little more, and am using it at the right rear of the engine,
instead of the left front. ;)

DSCN0594Small.JPG

DSCN0596Small.JPG

DSCN0597Small.JPG

DSCN0600Small.JPG

here's one rare one for ya,,,,its a D64,,,for 65 273,,,,,wierd thing is it seems to have 3/8 holes,,,,,but has the correct angle for 65,,,,its going in my valiant signet convertible when the new motors done,,,,should make for interesting conversation when the hood is up

That's a nice intake you have. You don'y any intake D64 for sale?

-
Back