On no!

-

koolken1125

Reaction score
So, recently in a big storm, lightning hit a tree where my '74 Duster was parked under. You can probably guess the rest of the story. Can anyone help me out on finding a roof skin? Anyone make repro? Or anyone in the central arkansas area willing to donate? Might pay for shipping if reasonable. Doubt it though. Thanks!

Now this is a miserable first post. Welcome to FABO. Hopefully someone will be able to help you out.....

did it mash it down?, if so it may pop back up if you lay on your back inside and push up if you are lucky. My GTS was caught in tornado and was covered completely under my house to where it could not be seen. Dug it out and thought top would have to be replaced but it popped back. Good luck

Well, it was a heavy branch from a small tree. There's multiple small 8inch or so dents. Haven't tried popping them out because I haven't removed the plastic headliner. Is that a lot of trouble?

I know, I know. Ill take pictures as soon as I can. Now I'm just wondering how difficult it is to remove the ABS headliner?

Well, it was a heavy branch from a small tree. There's multiple small 8inch or so dents. Haven't tried popping them out because I haven't removed the plastic headliner. Is that a lot of trouble?

Not as much trouble as replacing a roof skin! lol

I did? Didn't find a whole lot of information. Wanna give me a link? Could you be more rude?

I am sorry, I wasn't trying to be rude at all. I don't know the answer to your question and I clearly said "if someone doesn't point you in the right direction." Try different search words. Plastic headliner etc.

To weld in a new roof skin you will be removing far more than an ABS head liner. A roof skin isn't just a job that anyone can do and do right.
Im asking about the headliner so i could remove it and try popping out the dents from the inside. If that does not work, I would replace the entire roof skin. I understand that it would be a lot of work, but thats not why I'm asking about the headliner.

He could have been more rude, but we are trying to get away from that type of language...http://www.stockinteriors.com/acme/AFH34.pdf
Looks like maybe just sunvisor bracket screws and rear dome light and plastic trim....
How deep are the dents? The roof as well as large flat panels are suprisingly forgiving. Its when the metal stretches is where it gets nasty. You can shrink metal back with dry ice, like hail damage, or even bigger. just fill the dent with dry ice chips (wear leather gloves) and see if doesnt pop back up. Larger denst will need mechanical repair.

-
Back