ON/OFF switch location on 66 Dart

-

pettybludart

Reaction score
As some of you know I,m turning my 66 Dart into a bracket racer.My problem is a location for my ON/OFF switch.Oh,the car will still be driven on the street but minimal,so the tail light is a no go.So do I cut a hole in my bumper?,or remove a reverse light lense?Any help would be appreaciated with pics.Thanks.

trim 086.jpg

will it fit in one of the bumper bolt holes(red circle) that's where I would put it - my .02 cents :-D

trim%20086.jpg

I like the reverse light idea. Make an aluminum plate, and put the switch in it. You don't want to cut your bumper, or the trunk lid.
(plus, I can sneak up and turn it off:snakeman:)

On that car I would drill a small hole in the bumper with a remote mount switch so you'll just need a small hole and rod going through it. The ART kit I used uses a small diameter rod and small handle. I hate the way those big Moroso switches look. They look like they belong on a semi truck, or a boat not a race car.

361554075.jpg

361554052.jpg

PettyBlu I made up a plate out of 1/8 inch aluminum plate and bolted it to the body sill just behind the bumper. I ran the cables through one of the body plugs in the trunk floor. No cutting just two 1/4 drilled holes in the sill too wholed it.

0613081252a.jpg

GREGG`PICTURES 024.jpg

Thanks 19Dart66,looks like a good location(no cutting),funny looking at the back of your car,wish mine was as shiney!

-
Back