On the dyno today. What's it gonna make? :)

-

LXguy

Reaction score
Hey All:

Putting the Dart on the dyno today. Only change since it ran 11.70 last year is I swapped out the Super Turbo mufflers for some Ultra Flows. Car seems to like it.

junkyard 5.9 shortblock
Iron Ram 1.9 valve heads
custom cam 224/230 .536/.544
Air Gap
Quickfuel 750
1-5/8 headers, 2.5" exhaust
904 w Ultimate converter

Its always a crapshoot guessing with the converter involved.

Closest guess gets, well, nothing except the satisfaction of a job well done.

:)

Anyway, will report back later.

Steve

You guys are optimistic, thats not your reputation! LOL

Car made 327 rwhp when it got there, found about 7 more peak for a whopping 332. However, got a TON more in the 4500 - 5250 range. At 4750 RPM, I gained 30 rwhp.

Torque increases were more impressive, went from 306 - 329 peak, but again showed big increases everywhere from 4500 - 5250/5500.

With a 20% drivetrain loss that means the car is making about 405 peak horsepower/411 torque at the motor.

A/F curve was very flat. Car liked it best right at 13:1. Was also able to jet it richer and leaner to get some ideas on a humid summer jetting and a cold day tune.

Car like 16* initial/38* total best. More or less and it fell off noticeably.

My big hope is that the car picked up a bit of horsepower with the muffler swap before I even got there, and that these dyno gains materialize at the track. If so it could be a pretty big pickup.

I don't have a scanner here at the house, I'll try to post some pics of the graphs.

There was a bad *** hemi challenger being assembled there also. Try to post a couple pics of that as well.

Thanks Adam!

SAM_1534.jpg

Torque (before/after):
SAM_1540.jpg

Horsepower: (before/after):
SAM_1539.jpg

A/f (gotta love quickfuel)
SAM_1541.jpg

Turns out, I've been short shifting this thing at 5700 RPM also. Need to get better valve springs. It makes horsepower to 6400 or so, then starts breaking up from what I believe is valve float.

Driving your car 119mph in a building is a trip.

I,d say 11 horse off isnt a bad guess. Its all in getting it to the ground. Your car must 60ft. very nice.

Best so far is a 1.56 60'.

Hoping to improve on that with more torque on tap!

Steve

Hey All:

Putting the Dart on the dyno today. Only change since it ran 11.70 last year is I swapped out the Super Turbo mufflers for some Ultra Flows. Car seems to like it.

junkyard 5.9 shortblock
Iron Ram 1.9 valve heads
custom cam 224/230 .536/.544
Air Gap
Quickfuel 750
1-5/8 headers, 2.5" exhaust
904 w Ultimate converter

Its always a crapshoot guessing with the converter involved.

Closest guess gets, well, nothing except the satisfaction of a job well done.

:)

Anyway, will report back later.

Steve

I know you're down there and I'm up here but how much you pay for the Ultra flows,I might be changing to them.They don't seem to have 3" in and 2 1/2" out.

You gonna be at Indy this year for the monster?

Yes, but I don't know if I'll be racing or not.

I know you're down there and I'm up here but how much you pay for the Ultra flows,I might be changing to them.They don't seem to have 3" in and 2 1/2" out.

I get mine wholesale, but they were about $65.00 each. I just got the same part number that TTI sells for their exhaust since I have their X-pipe.

They probably have a 2.5" in and 3" out? I can't believe they are directional, maybe you could reverse it? If not, Magnaflow mufflers are a similar design.

Or do what I do and run turnouts straight off the muffler.

I like these ultra flows more and more. The car isn't a whole lot louder at idle, but sounds more serious somehow. Really goes nuts when you're at WOT.
I am kind of worried that as the wadding disintegrates the car will get louder.

Steve

I have had the Ultraflos on my Mustain for over three years and the Ultraflos have only gotten slightly louder. The car only gets driven about 2K miles a year and use to spend a couple of weekends a month at the track. Do you run your car at Coles County Dragway?

Hey:

I have run it at Coles County, but I usually go up to US 41 (now No Limit Raceway) in Morocco Indiana.

Coles County is under new management, so I'm hopeful they'll clean the place up a bit. Its only about 45 minutes away. Last year I was there for about an hour and a half on a Saturday, and I spent all day sunday cleaning the dust out of my car!

Steve

-
Back