On this episode of Pass Time...

-
Was there a memo that the font was too small here and members were having a hard time reading it? Because if there was I missed it.

Yes sir, I'm with ya.

The sad part of this thread...OP has not responded. It's a shame because I really think he is onto something. We could run our own version of Pass Time. Leanna could play the part of Paige!

Yes sir, I'm with ya.

The sad part of this thread...OP has not responded. It's a shame because I really think he is onto something. We could run our own version of Pass Time. Leanna could play the part of Paige!

Thats what i'm thinking, the OP needs to hurry up and a respond.

Yes sir, I'm with ya.

Leanna the car wrangler???? LMAO!!!

Okay okayyyyyyyyyy I'll bring ya'll up to the line in my little shorts and high heels and smile pretty for the cameras.

But then I wanna drive. :-D

I was confident on Saturday I would be able to pick up plates for the Dart at the local DMV office. I was going to put historical plates on the car, but the evil counter person thwarted my plans. If I can get a break from work today I will hit a different DMV office close to work and just pick up regular plates.

The only other concern at this point is the leaking transmission cooler line. I will tighten that up and cross my fingers the test and tune Tuesday night isn't cancelled.

so what was the problem at the dmv? how come your not getting historic plates?

I will eventually...just not today. You have to mail all your information plus a form you fill out to Jefferson City and then wait for your plates to come back. I was hoping to hit a test and tune session this week. I am heading down to Arkansas on vacation and I have a buddy there who is also very curious what the car will run.

BTW...I picked up normal plates from the local office about an hour ago.

It should be an interesting adventure...no speedometer, no temp guage, random fuel level guage, no alignment (it does go straight but the top of the tire leans in a lot), no spare, no radio, and I have not had the car over 50 MPH yet unless you count when I towed it home.

25 miles to the track....make two passes....then 25 miles home

I hope to get home before dark.

I think your taking your chances going to the track with an unfit vehicle(tires leaning in at the top)your upper ball joints could be ready to let go and you could seriously hurt yourself or someone else?Fix it properly,then play.You,d be lucky to pass tech.:angry7:

Leanna the car wrangler???? LMAO!!!

Okay okayyyyyyyyyy I'll bring ya'll up to the line in my little shorts and high heels and smile pretty for the cameras.

But then I wanna drive. :-D

Of course you do, wanna drive that is. And I'll speak for the group and say we're good with that!:angel9:

I called my counterpart Paige. She wouldn't even run the car without an oil pressure or temp gauge. Please don't take any chances with an unfit car. We're more concerned about your safety -- and those at the track -- than seeing an impressive first run.

I understand the concerns about safety especially at the track. The front end is solid. I checked it all out when I ran the header through most of it. The tires are pulled in at the top due to the torsion bars being cranked all the way up. I did mention headers? Here are a couple of shots so you can get a better idea.
0628001942.jpg

0628001943.jpg

Not bad...its just not perfect.

First Pass:
RT .462
60ft 2.520
330 6.815
1/8 10.368
MPH 69.50
1000 13.429
1/4 16.035
MPH 86.37

Second Pass:
RT .099
60ft 2.339
330 6.587
1/8 10.142
MPH 69.39
1000 13.202
1/4 15.810
MPH 86.32

Looks like DartorDemon is the winner!!!

0629002055.jpg

First Pass:
RT .462
60ft 2.520
330 6.815
1/8 10.368
MPH 69.50
1000 13.429
1/4 16.035
MPH 86.37

Second Pass:
RT .099
60ft 2.339
330 6.587
1/8 10.142
MPH 69.39
1000 13.202
1/4 15.810
MPH 86.32

Looks like DartorDemon is the winner!!!

0629002055.jpg

:cheers:

looks like the car has plenty of potential.

So did it blow the tires off like i was expecting?

That is about what my 1973 dart sport ran back in the early eighties. It had a high mileage 318, which I slapped a set of blackjack headers, 600 Holley, cast 4bbl manifold with adapter, B&M shift kit. The rear was a 7 1/4 with 2.76 (open) gear. I would dial in at 15.80. And I did break the spiders at the track. I won three trophies with that car.

:cheers:

looks like the car has plenty of potential.

So did it blow the tires off like i was expecting?

Hummm... no it just sneezed back through the carb on launch. The second pass I just rolled into the throttle and the 60 ft improved .2 seconds. The car doesn't seem to like vacuum advance going away suddenly. I need to get a dial back timing light and take some timing measurements. I am guessing that I am getting a significant portion of the low speed timing from the vacuum advance. I will have to see how much total timing I am getting. I am hoping I can dial in more initial timing and tone down the vacuum advance.

-
Back