Oncologist....

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
Ernie had her yearly check up today. I mentioned to them today that she had a little trouble speaking the other day. She was on the phone with a neighbor and just could not get the words out. The doc is concerned that the cancer med she is taking could be causing blood clots......and that the incident the other day might have been a mini-stroke. Was told if she has another one to let them know so they can do some tests to rule it out.....

Ouch that diagnoses hurts.Seem that they would be doing test now to see what is wrong.
Sorry to hear Doug,She is on my prayer list.
Martin

Ouch that diagnoses hurts.Seem that they would be doing test now to see what is wrong.
Sorry to hear Doug,She is on my prayer list.
Martin
Part of Lupus is you are a bit foggy. According to the docs all of the meds she is on are also contributing to the fog. She did not experience any other symptoms of a stroke so we are hopeful that it is just the meds & Lupus. Ernie has had enough of all the drugs and wants a few months without them and is in the process of weaning off of them......

Hoping for the best !!!
My dad was a doctor and I am ignorant to anything medical !!!
Thanks for explaining it to me.
I be praying that things get better for her and (you of course).
Martin

I'll add both of you to my prayers, Ink. Hope it's just the fog.

Hoping it's something that's as simple to fix as just adjusting her meds, Doug. You're both on our prayer list.

Doc did mention that the tamoxifin can cause clotting, hoping that is not what it is....

Praying for the both of you. Although it does trouble me that the doctor wants to take a wait and see approach rather then try to find the cause.

Oncologist just called.....stop the tamoxifin, start taking aspirin and they are sending her to a neurologist. This crap is starting to scare the hell out of me.

I'm praying for you!!! Keep fighting. I just lost my wife of 25 years April 2 to that dreaded sickness. I know what your going through!!!

-
Back