one barrel carb rebuild??

-

69dartwant

Reaction score
Hi FABO, any thoughts on a good company that can restore a one barrel carb for a '70 Dart 225 engine for A FAIR PRICE?? Any companies to stay away from? Thank you!

How about a $25 kit and do it yourself? Are you looking for a refinish? they are pretty easy to rebuild. A screwdriver and maybe a piece of sandpaper and a flat block to true up some flanges.

Give me a call at the shop tommorow before noon. And we can go over what you want done with it. And I'll be able to give you a quote. Woodruff Carburetor Restorations 330-799-9479

If you dont want it to look pretty do it yourself. I pulled mine off rebuilt on my brothers tailgate and threw it back on and adjusted it in about 30 min. All for $35 including beer.

Probably need to know what carb you have. 1970 would probably have a Holley 1920, but never ASSume. It is hard to get a good rebuilt one. They have a sealed metering block which gets clogged and most rebuilders don't know how to blow it out.

Hi FABO, any thoughts on a good company that can restore a one barrel carb for a '70 Dart 225 engine for A FAIR PRICE?? Any companies to stay away from? Thank you!
is it a holley carbrator once they pop one time there is no rebuilding them

I just got done doing the carburetor on my car today, took about an hour total and half of that was letting the cleaner soak. The kit is like 25 bucks, and the carburetor itself is stupid simple. There's like 12 moving Parts total. Carburetor kit comes with a pretty detailed exploded diagram and very good directions.

Better than I had hoped, I suspected that my motor was worn out Beyond any quick fix, turns out it was simply that the carburetor was so far out of adjustment and had some failing gaskets. There are lots of little linkages that are only adjusted by tweaking the linkage rods just so, but pay attention to the little paper in the rebuild kit and it tells you how to adjust them. Runs like a top now, instant throttle response.

Thank you, though I must confess it wasn't that much hard work. The most difficult part of the job was simply reading the small print on the paper LOL. I am happy it's running good now though, because I sold my truck to have enough money to get this thing on the road quickly. I needed it to run good and now it does.

-
Back