One cool movie.

-
You know what...I never have seen the whole thing. I think I just get too depressed when that Charger gets toasted by train.

what does a 53 mercury pick up look like .
i am from so cal

Man I dont think I have seen "Two Lane Blacktop", is that from the 70's? That 55 made me think of another great one, "Return to Macon County". I saw this as a kid and didn't think any thing of the actors who were in it. I caught it on TV a couple months ago and the two actors are a very young Nick Nolte and Don Johnson. Another great one is "Hot Rod 79" with the Hemi powered Willys against the 442.

what does a 53 mercury pick up look like .
i am from so cal

Just like a 53 Ford pickup except it has mercury emblems on the side and front of the hood and a tailgate that says "Mercury" instead of "Ford". When I' m done with my tailgate it will just say "MERC".

two lane black top is a good movie but had the dumbest ending of any movie lol i watched one last night called slauter with jim brown had a bad ars charger in it and lots of valiants thank the charger was 72 had buldg hood and sun roof

Great lines in that movie. Me and my buddy repeat them all the time. It's a cult classic. James Taylor was a bad ****** addict at the time , his dead pan character is perfect. Love that movie.
i.e "make it 3 yards ($300) Muther F***er and you've got yourself an automobile race".
"Im not used to working the Chevy against a two bit piece of Junk"

Another great Movie that has not beed released yet is Hot Rod. (Rebel of the road. Guy takes his hemi out of his wrecked 65 Plymouth and puts it in an Old willys gasser.......GREAT MOVIE

hotrod1.jpg

black & decker aquarium pump....detuned "sleep at violet springs Lol great movie!!!
Another great Movie that has not beed released yet is Hot Rod. (Rebel of the road. Guy takes his hemi out of his wrecked 65 Plymouth and puts it in an Old willys gasser.......GREAT MOVIE

agreed! my favorite car movie. nobody beats a hemi willys haha

Man I dont think I have seen "Two Lane Blacktop", is that from the 70's? That 55 made me think of another great one, "Return to Macon County". I saw this as a kid and didn't think any thing of the actors who were in it. I caught it on TV a couple months ago and the two actors are a very young Nick Nolte and Don Johnson. Another great one is "Hot Rod 79" with the Hemi powered Willys against the 442.

That '55 Chev is the same car that Harrison Ford drives in American Graffitti. I prefer the older Two Lane Blacktop build myself. James Taylors older brother was big into drag racing, so he knew the whole scene, and he actually drove the car. In the very last scene in the movie where James Taylor is in the race at the airstrip... they were doing black and white stills with a photographer in the backseat. He decided he had enough stills of James driving, and got out of the car. Right after the photographer left the '55, James launched the car, and the shifter was accidently in reverse. Blew the motor, the rear, and put the driveshaft through the back seat where the photographer was just sitting. Scary.

They don't seem to have the movie "Lucky Town". Kirsten Dunst had a 68 Dart in that one. There's one part where she and another kid have to get the hell out of a store in a hurry because they're being shot at and she peels out in her Dart :)

65Vart Another great Movie that has not beed released yet is Hot Rod. (Rebel of the road. Guy takes his hemi out of his wrecked 65 Plymouth and puts it in an Old willys gasser.......GREAT MOVIE

Great line from that Movie where they're aiming to steal an engine from a cop car after their ride gets sabotaged by the competition " I'm looking for anything Black and white and running a hemi" I love that movie it was filmed at the old Fremont Dragstrip and around Niles canyon or so I was told .
Seen it on bootleg dvd at a goodguys show wish I woulda picked one up .
Have not been able to find a copy since:cry:

i like in american graffiti where toad says that the 58 impala has a 327 with six strombergs on it. now thats a good movie detail IMO.
how about the part where milner pulls up next to the guys and asks "what happened to your flathead?" and the guys says something like ''awww your mother" ??? whats up with that? i must have seen it a hundred times but i never understood that one little part.
-Tim

i like in american graffiti where toad says that the 58 impala has a 327 with six strombergs on it. now thats a good movie detail IMO.
how about the part where milner pulls up next to the guys and asks "what happened to your flathead?" and the guys says something like ''awww your mother" ??? whats up with that? i must have seen it a hundred times but i never understood that one little part.
-Tim
He thought Milner called him a fathead. Thats the way I took it anyway.

George

Don't forget Big Willie and his superbird in the opening frames of the street race.

He thought Milner called him a fathead. Thats the way I took it anyway.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

That or he blew it up, that's always painfully embarrassing. I love it when Fords blow up :cheers:

Although Flatheads are cool.

Anyone ever see that movie Jade, with David Caruso. On the back of the box, it says "with a car chase to rival Bullitt" Ha, what a bunch o bull.

Its a chase scene in San Fransisco between a Taurus and a Thunderbird. On the first jump you can tell the Taurus blows both its front tires. Stupid movie.

-
Back