One cool movie.

-
i like in american graffiti where toad says that the 58 impala has a 327 with six strombergs on it. now thats a good movie detail IMO.
how about the part where milner pulls up next to the guys and asks "what happened to your flathead?" and the guys says something like ''awww your mother" ??? whats up with that? i must have seen it a hundred times but i never understood that one little part.
-Tim

Yeah, thats what he says.

I thought i had the script on this computer, guess not.

But you can do a google search for American Graffitti script and find it.

I always wondered what Richard Dreyfuss screams out the car window after he tied the cable to the police car untill i read the script.

One movie i remember that i can remember the name.

New guy moves to town with local hot shot, who always wins.

new guy will win the girl or something if he wins a race with local hotshot.

He finds a car, i think a plymouth satellite, and transplants the engine to his pickup, they race on a beach and he wins. Cant remember the name, i was probably 10 or so when i saw it.

Another from American Graffiti...Hiya, John. Say, do you think if I
brought my Mopar by the shop Monday
you could spot weld the bumper
bracket? Al

Corvette Summer is a great one too, havent seen it for a bit. also

McQ, a John Wayne movie. Hes a Seattle detective, great chase scene, he drives a 74 Formula, fun to look at the cars in the background too, filmed in 1974 in Seattle. If you have lived in Seattle its strange to see it with no skyline.

Great chase scene on the beach at the end of the movie too.

I have never seen Return to Macon County, i remember seeing previews for it as a kid.

Corvette Summer is a great one too, havent seen it for a bit. also

Yeah, I like Annie Potts.

McQ, a John Wayne movie. Hes a Seattle detective, great chase scene, he drives a 74 Formula, fun to look at the cars in the background too, filmed in 1974 in Seattle. If you have lived in Seattle its strange to see it with no skyline.

Great chase scene on the beach at the end of the movie too.

I have never seen Return to Macon County, i remember seeing previews for it as a kid.

It was a good one, one of those drive in classics. But then to see who was in it was pretty cool, both Nolte and Johnson are very young.

JOHN
****, Toad. The man had me. He was
beating me.

TERRY
John, I don't know what you're talking
about. It was the most beautiful
thing I've ever seen. That guy, he
might as well get a wheelchair and
roll himself home. Man, you got...
you got the bitchinist car in the
Valley. You'll always be number one,
John. You're the greatest.

John nods, then looks up at Terry. His face is glowing, his
glasses are smashed and his lip is swollen. John smiles.

JOHN
Look at your glasses, man.
(shaking his head)
Okay, Toad. We'll take 'em all.

TERRY
(grinning)
Right.

JOHN
We'll take em... let's get out of
here.

That's my goal, Always has been,,,,,,,,,,,,to have "the Bitchinest car in the Valley" . I saw that movie at the theater in the 70s, raced my bike with the bannana seat and high handle bars all the way home, ..I am 47 so that and '68 hot wheels started it all for me!
Probabally the same for a lot of guys my age.

That's my goal, Always has been,,,,,,,,,,,,to have "the Bitchinest car in the Valley" . I saw that movie at the theater in the 70s, raced my bike with the bannana seat and high handle bars all the way home, ..I am 47 so that and '68 hot wheels started it all for me!
Probabally the same for a lot of guys my age.

Yeah, i saw and got my picture taken with the Bitchenist car in the Valley.

2000 or 2001 Roadster show in Seattle. The guy who owned the Milner Coupe brought it there, got a picture with it somewhere.

Paul Lemat and Candy Clark were there. I got a signed 1/8 scale Milner coupe, its in a place of honor in my display case.

I talked to Paul about the drag race at the end. My wife is from Modesto, and i went around trying to find the places they filmed.

There is a Paradise Road in Modesto, but it looks nothing like the place in the film.

I asked him about it and he said they had filmed it on the outskirts of Petaluma.

A few yrs ago i sold my boat to a guy, Rick Blackstock who helped restore the 58 Impala. We talked for hrs on the phone about it. I had no idea the Impala was from Washington.

http://kathyschrock.net/graffiti/impala.htm

-
Back