One for the oldtimers onboard

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score

IMG_0440.jpeg

That guy rocked….

Shame you can’t get anymore of his oil pans and windage trays, not to mention a whole lot of other parts he offered.

I have a 1979 for 340’s and 360’s parts catalog. I cry every time I look at it.

I think I still have some of his parts from way back when. May still have a catalog or two.

I could not afford their stuff as a kid! Always bench raced it though!

I could not afford their stuff as a kid! Always bench raced it though!
The dreamers we were. Now that I can afford it and have the time, it’s all gone.

Anyone that has one of his windage trays is either using it or won’t sell it, they were that good.

I remember when Judy Lily and Ed raced head up in
class....Back then the cars were weighed WITHOUT
driver in early 70s That gave Judy a 100LB. + Advantage.

Back then I could not afford his stuff either = But I still bought
it anyway!

That's exactly what I would be doing too if I invented hamburger lol
I'm not old either but know of the guy.

No idea who he is, but that's a badass picture.
Ed Hamburger. BIG in his day. At one point there were not a huge selection of intakes for Mopars, Ed made adapter wedges and ran Chev SB manifolds on his Mopar SB

Ed Hamburger. BIG in his day. At one point there were not a huge selection of intakes for Mopars, Ed made adapter wedges and ran Chev SB manifolds on his Mopar SB
I ran one on my SS Duster way back then.
He was BIG in his day on performance or size maybe
Both?
My son races the exact combination in Super Stock but the
rules are way less strict than 50 years ago.
He run High nines when need in SS/KA @ 3385 LBs
In SS/IA @ 2,850 I believe 9.4/9.5 would be easily in reach.

The largest difference is in the rule that SS heads can be ported/welded/Epoxied
while back then they had to be stock. Actually much stocker than stock heads
are these days (Truthfully). Back then it was a good day when my car could crack
the 10s in Superstock.

The head when finished bear a strong resemblance to W2 port configuration = More
oval than rectangular to give away a secret.

Last edited:
Ed was definitely a SBM guru, he helped me out tremendously when I was racing my 67 GT 273 car. Especially when I got stupid and started running 12.5 to 1 pistons and killing head gaskets.

I think after Hamburgers, he started SLP, Street Legal Performance, back in the mid to late 80s. They may still be around. I also think it was located in central New Jersey, not too far from me, across the Delaware river.

I think after Hamburgers, he started SLP, Street Legal Performance, back in the mid to late 80s. They may still be around. I also think it was located in central New Jersey, not too far from me, across the Delaware river.
SLP was a Chevy thing he did in the 90’s when the LT1 was reintroduced. About 3 years ago he was selling new challenger package cars done up with body mods, graphics, interior do-dads and a special super charger package for the gen 3 Hemi.

After he sold the rights to his 340/360 stuff I got his phone number out of an older National Dragster and called a few times. The phone just rings and rings, no one answers. This shop is/was in Toms River, New Jersey.

-
Back