One More New Guy

-

Tulsa Time

One MOPAR Fan
Reaction score
HI All
I wanted to introduce myself to everyone and wanted to thank those for this great site. Several times I have found myself digging for information and opinions with great success. Everyone here shows great passion for the A bodies and I myself want to share with everyone else's experience . Currently my project is at the low buck end of the spectrum. My project and interest is my very first MOPAR. A 1975 Duster. Details include A/C, lots of chrome, heavy impact bumpers, front drum brakes, 7 1/4 axle, worn out suspension, rotten interior, swiss cheese floor boards, rusty 3/4 (was) vinyl roof and a 95hp slant 6 with automatic that any boy would dream of. Best ET: 19.61sec at 69MPH. Mods include: new battery, new carb kit, new tires, new fuel level dip stick for the gas tank to name a few. Seriously now. I'm completely new to building cars so consider me a beginner. I decided to clone the Duster to a 70/71. Mostly a street car with a bracket race now and then to show off. Everything needs some sort of attention so I bought a mig welder and welded in some floor pans. I've installed a front disk brake set up off an aspen and a 8 1/4 junk yard duster axle (3:55's welded the carrier). I've sourced a 71 hood, front bumper and grille for the front end. I love piddling around with it and promised myself that I myself and I would build this car. I'm experiencing all the great times and hardship with all of you getting this car where I want it. Wish me luck. Thank you for your support and posting great information on this site.

Welcome to FABO there Tulsa!! Make yourself at home and enjoy the ride!! Geof

-
Back