One Piece ABS Headliners ??

-

DartSport340

Reaction score
I have just gotten back into the car scene after taking about a 2 year break. Almost sold the car and lost interest...Luckily before I sold it I got to take a trip to Carlisle this year and that "cured" my MOPAR Blues and I am back in the game.

What I was wondering is right when I started to get...well for lack of a better word burnt out or dis-interested in cars they had JUST seemingly came out with those new 1 Piece ABS headliners for the A Bodies...what I want to know is who is offering the best price right now for these...ive seen everything from $219-279 so whats gonna be my best(least expensive) way to get one?

Thanks in advance!

I ordered one from Classic Industries a while back for my dart sport. First one they shipped was messed up so I sent it back and they sent another one. Looks like it will fit nicely, but I will need to spray with black dye. It is way too light. $259 I believe it was, but had a discount and free shipping. Good luck.

And do I want covered or uncovered since its just a black interior??

got mine covered. I believed uncovered would just be the plastic "board" and you would then have to install your own fabric over it.

Id just use it uncovered kinda like the old cardboard one..I guess under the fabric its got a rough grain texture..some guys on MOPARTS used the uncovered just as is. Did yours come with the sail panels or did you have to get those separate??

I think im gonna get it off ebay lol..cheapest I could find...they have the covered with free shipping for $260 i guess thats not too bad...

i used one from year one. nice fit and it was already covered black. it was like 230 shipped during one of their sales.

FYI, WHEN YOU GO TO INSTALL, DO IT WITH A HELPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i used one from year one. nice fit and it was already covered black. it was like 230 shipped during one of their sales.

FYI, WHEN YOU GO TO INSTALL, DO IT WITH A HELPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is this more to help hold it in place or because its a difficult install??? ive never done one before done carpet, seat covers, etc..never a headliner though...in other words would someone like my 11 year old son or wife be a ok helper...meaning they wound t have to do much but help not much mechanically??

and another question do I just need the headliner or so I need sail panels also?? Im seeing/getting mixed responses if I just need the 1 piece ABS headliner or the 1 piece ABS headliner+ sail panels...???

i think you need sail panels also. yea, it is easy to install with regular tools, but akward to hold by yourself

fyi, i did not want to spend their prices on the sail panels, so i took a set of 73 plastic sail panels, and cut them up with a template, and they fit perfectly in the 70-73 that had the garbage particleboard ones.

Thanks guys... I made a few calls(thanks Dante at Dante's parts even if I didnt order from you your ADVICE helped immensely it wasnt the price it was the shipping that killed that deal) I dont need the sail panels just the headliner..as was said those black plastic pieces that go 1/2 way up the rear are what I needed and ive got those and they are almost mint.

I have this headliner in hand now it arrived today...im thinking(depending on how hot it is out) of trying to install it this weekend. Any hints or tips I should watch out for(i will have at least 1 helper to help hold stuff in place either my wife/kid or a friend) tools I should have on hand, materials I should have on hand..or it it just really THAT straight forward as to just remove the "brackets" that will hold it in place...put headliner up and put brackets back in place to hold it?? Im just trying to avoid my inevitable..getting 60% of the way into it then finding out I need a tool I dont have to some material I dont have and having to stop to get it...

and as said any tips or hints/techniques you used would be helpful if you will share them.

Most frustrating install EVER. took 3 people in car to hold everything right and then having to cut out my own rear view mirror hole(which it total crap at least have SOME kind of cut out to at least enlarge..you put damn vent visor holes in but no rear view mirror hole in LAME ) finally in though just need to get the trim panels back on..looks great took probably off and on 3+ hours to install..I honestly dont think id ever have gotten it done with just 2 people..just not enough hands to hold and shift it while trying to install screws and parts 3 was good 2 for me was just not enough something was always falling down or moving or not lined up right...once I got the wife to sit in the drivers side seat and hold that side my kin in the back seat holding that up and then me getting the dome light secured and then passenger side sun visor..then it took only about 1/2 hour to get in place so i could tuck it up under the rubber trim.

There on page 115 of the downloadable catolog.
$199 uncovered
$259 covered

Has anyone tried (successfully) to install one of these in an earlier model originally equipped with a cloth headliner (i.e. 1969 Swinger)? If it cannot be done, can someone describe why it won't work? The catalog states "for 1970-76 Dodge and Plymouth A-Body models originally equipped with a cardboard style headliner".

Thanks,
Jeff

I got mine from Legendary Auto Interior. It fits great and looks good. Cheap is not the way to go. You may be dissapointed in the look. Legendary was not that expensive.
www.legendaryautointeriors.com

Dave

the one I got was cheaper and made by the same company that makes theirs. it was just a horrible thing to install lol. Looks great! just gotta get the trim panels back in and then thats it. mine was $259 shipped(free shipping)

-
Back