one piece glass

-

scamper383

Reaction score
Has anyone ever removed the vent window and just used a larger door glass? i think that would look pretty cool we had a 69 chevelle and a 70 and the doors were the same but in 69 they offered a vent window and 70 was just a one piece and it looks alot better as one piece more sleek

The last couple of Dart models didn't have a vent window. Those parts have been used in earlier models to delete the vent window but, everything from roof rail weather strip to window regulator has to be swaped in.

Ok thanks i think it looks just dandy like it is then lol plan is to sell some day so dont need them problems i had the doors apart anyway so i figured it was worth the effort to look into

Yeah, they look nice without the vent windows but one of the things I've missed on newer cars since the early '70s are the vent windows and the ventilation control they provide.
JMO, show only or race car - dump the vent windows; street driver - keep 'em.

Yeah, they look nice without the vent windows but one of the things I've missed on newer cars since the early '70s are the vent windows and the ventilation control they provide.
JMO, show only or race car - dump the vent windows; street driver - keep 'em.

X2

They are nice to have on them hot days. I like to open the vent box and crack the wing window. Get some nice air circulation that way. Poor mans AC.

Yall are right they are a big benefit for air circulation but the car is factory ac so i was planning on gettin that working good all i need are the controls some reason they were takin out other than that everything else is still there

but i think ima leave them it sounds to complicated if i was to sell the car the new own go to replace the gasket or something and b a P.I.A Thanks for the help and advice

-
Back