only have 1/2 throttle?

-

74 dustaar

Reaction score
I had a trans shop hook up the kick down linkage as well as the throttle cable. Well tonight my friend suggested to look at the throttle pull off the peddle and its only pulls it 45% the two back barrels don't come close to opening. I have locar cables to the carb, I can't see that shorting them will make it pull full throttle any help out their ? Thanks!!!

I don,t no what you have setup under your carb but I would check spacer plate or your gaskets.Maybe your secondaries are getting caught up on one or the other.Just a suggestion.I bought a cutlass from a mechanic and he had blocked off the secondaries.I didn,t find this out til after I pulled the motor which I was doing anyway

Anyone from Joe Gibbs Racing work in that shop? If so, check for washers glued to the back of the gas pedal.

360 SCAMP your right on the money! The guy I trusted to do the job left the throttle cable 1/2 inch too long. I guess I better stick to my own fixes LOL 318 W/ 360J heads , 904 trans and a 391 posi and is it fun to roast the BFGoodriches off. Thanks to ALL

-
Back