OOOH, this is weird- not mine -factory 360 Valiant 4D !!!

-

YY1

Reaction score
1976 Plymouth Valiant Police Package | eBay

VIN seems legit VL41L

(shouldn't "Police" be VK, though?)

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

I hate to use the term "unmolested" since it has been vandalized, but as far as originality of components goes the term is accurate.

Paging @RustyRatRod ...

If I win this can you go get it for me and keep it for a few weeks?

hydraulic roller cam , a set of w2s and my W2 dual plane..... Oooh ! What a sleeper that would be !

Not sure, but it would be a dandy if it was closer to me :thumbsup:

I hate to use the term "unmolested" since it has been vandalized, but as far as originality of components goes the term is accurate.

Paging @RustyRatRod ...

If I win this can you go get it for me and keep it for a few weeks?

Hell yeah. I got plenty of room. It won't be covered up, but I can get it and store it for you. If you want it covered, I can get a little cheap car cover from work.

That's a dang haul from Jones County, but me and Evan will go get it.

I bet it would get a metric **** ton of double and triple takes at the VIN and fender tag at a Mopar car show.

I'd put a giant easel in front of it with three words "Check the VIN" and an arrow.

Nothing else.

Wanna have a pool on the winning/high bid?

Hold the phone there Paco........the 6th digit is a G. Doesn't G designate a 318?

Hold the phone there Paco........the 6th digit is a G. Doesn't G designate a 318?

I count 7 digits to "G", which would be the plant it was manufactured in. My Duster 360 has a "G" in the 7th digit, too, and I remember once freaking out when I got it confused and thought my rare 4 speed "L" code Duster was actually just a basic 318 car.

:rofl:

I thought the 360 option became a 2 BBL only after 74 or 75? Not sure on that, just wondering.

Too bad he didn't post better pictures of the data plate.

What a cool car!
Definitely rare, and with that color probably 1 of 1.
I would LOVE to have it, i really like the 4 door sleepers.
From what i read, the Valiant cop car is the only one of that year that didn't have a K as the second digit, all others did.
VL41L6G lines up as a 4 door 360 '76 Valiant cop car.
Especially the ''G'' for the assembly plant which is St. Louis which was Chrysler's fleet plant.
They built the cop cars, taxis, ambulances, etc. there.
I actually have a '75 4 door Valiant taxi, 225 slant 6 auto that i picked up last year from a buddy of mine that got it from a junk yard here locally.
It's rough, but restorable, and the number on it is VT41C5G.
It also has a 99 paint code which looks to me like it was Basin Street Blue (Petty Blue) with a white painted top.
I don't know if i will ever get to that one, but i saved it because it was cool for what it was.
He was going to scrap it after pulling some parts off of it, and i couldn't bear to see that happen.
Anyone who knows me, knows that i love the unusual, and really like 4 doors to boot!
I hope you get it............

Yep, that almost got me too, but I looked closer and saw they used a lower case "L" in the listing.

L was used in 74-76 360 Dusters and is the 4 bbl code.

IIRC J is the 2 bbl 360

Rallye red

Certified speedo

A/C

Looks like straight, almost rust free body

Still has air cleaner

Too bad it didn't get bucket seats like a LOT of 4D cop cars got, even F body.

This is the kind of oddball stuff I LOVE about Mopar.

City PD where I grew up had a batch of 77 nova cop cars.

Township had faimonts.

ok, gotchya. I saw the G and was like hay wait a second. lol

City PD where I grew up had a batch of 77 nova cop cars.

Township had faimonts.

Macon used Novas for a while. My favorite was the 78-81 Malibus. Those cars with the cop package would fly.

I'd think that is very rare... And has "Cop brakes, cop shocks, cop tires, and it was made (exempt) from catalytic convertors so it will run on regular gas..."

Fender tag does show E58....360 4 barrel !
Did you see the rear sway bar?
I have heard of the 76 Valiant and Dart Police package but have never seen one, not even a picture until now. Very cool !

Bruce (7071DartGTReg) would really like this one. He could tell you all about it. He had one. It was a slant six police package. Had all the heavy duty stuff on it.

Looks like the fender tag might even say A38 (hard to read). If so, I think that is the Pursuit Package code, confirming it should be ligit.

Cool car!

Looks like the fender tag might even say A38 (hard to read). If so, I think that is the Pursuit Package code, confirming it should be ligit.

Cool car!

Yup. If you're reading it right, A38 would be the package.

We have a member here, Will, I believe his screen name might be A38Valiant, who has (had) two of these parked in his warehouse.

-
Back