Oooooh pretty lights lets see your outdoor Christmas Display

-

goldfish65

Reaction score
Yes it's still a bit early, but here is my apartment-sized effort, courtesy of Big-Lots. Camera was acting up but I think you get the idea.

It was fun. Zip ties are wonderful things.

Let's see your outdoor Christmas lights.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    130.8 KB · Views: 273
nov25_0009.jpg

nov25_0012.jpg

Wow that's beautiful. I can imagine how much time and effort you spent doing the whole house and the trees...

Looking forward to seeing more Christmas lights from FABO members.

Yes it's still a bit early, but here is my apartment-sized effort, courtesy of Big-Lots. Camera was acting up but I think you get the idea.

Dang, you really went all out!

I was thinking about starting a thread like yours a couple of days ago,but never got around to it !! A bit Early, I think not !!!! We had ours "Started" just before Halloween !!We "are almost" done ! We live on a cul de sac, and we lost our power source there,so once we have power restored we can finish the last of it !! Kepp the pics coming peeps, I love CHRISTMAS decorations !! If we only had Snow now !!!!

Woo Hoo,electricians made it this morning and got our power back for us !!! Now as soon as my Elves get home from work we can get to work finishing up the Cul-da sac !! We just picked us up a friggin 16' Santa Claus to put on the island,and we've got a couple other decorations for it too !! Now if I could just figure out a way to get some Snow down here I'd be set !!!

Mine go up this weekend. I should do like my neighbor does, he just turn them off after Christmas....

There is a really beautiful display put on every year at the Rhema Bible College located at 1025 West Kenosha Street Broken Arrow.
Anyone in the Tulsa area should take a drive by if you haven't been there. It is free but they do accept donations at your will.
I will see if I can get some pictures to show if I get that way.

cl3.jpg

Slide show link here. http://www.rhemabiblechurch.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=173&Itemid=192

RHEMA Christmas Lights Display 1025 West Kenosha Street Broken Arrow
Tulsa, OK

Upcoming
5:30 p.m. Monday, Nov. 28, 2011 Time : 5:30pm-11:30pm nightly

The Dazzling Lights

The RHEMA Christmas Lights Display was introduced in 1982 with approximately 60,000 lights. This year, more than two million lights will illuminate the RHEMA campus from Thanksgiving Eve (Wednesday, November 24) through New Years Day from 5:30 to 11:30 p.m. This years display is expected to draw more than 200,000 visitors from all over Oklahoma and surrounding states. As always, admission is free.

A centerpiece of the display each year is the RHEMA Park bridge. This year, more than 90,000 lights will shine on the bridge alone. These lights will again be synchronized to Christmas music-both classic and modern.

Taking In the View

There are several ways to view the display. You can drive around the RHEMA campus in your car, walk around campus and through the park, or take a carriage ride. Horse-drawn carriage rides will be available (weather permitting) on the following dates:

November 24-26
December 2-3, 9-10, 16-25

Carriage rides are $10 for each adult and $5 for each child. Or you can get a Family Pack, which includes up to two adults and an unlimited number of children, for $25.

The Purpose

RHEMAs Christmas Lights Display is designed to provide a safe, peaceful, and fun atmosphere in which people can enjoy the Christmas season, and to point visitors to the love of Christ and the real meaning of Christmas.

Donations for Broken Arrow Neighbors

Admission to Rhemas Christmas lights extravaganza is free, but visitors who would like to see even more spectacular LED lights next year will have the opportunity to donate toward the display. A portion of all donations received will go to local charities.

Concessions and Pictures With Santa

Concession food and pictures with Santa will be sold by AXIS Youth, the youth ministry of RHEMA Bible Church. On those cold nights, a cup of hot chocolate, coffee, or apple cider will warm you up as you walk through the display. Popcorn, funnel cake, and other foods will also be available.

Pictures with Santa will be available for $5 each or three for $10. Santa will be available for pictures at the following times:
Every Friday and Saturday, November 25-December 176:00-10:00 p.m.
Friday, December 23 6:00-10:00 p.m.

The former Cypress Gardens used to do an awesome Christmas Extravaganza with a chittload of lights (wish I could remember #'s,like over 500 thousand)!! The New Legoland Bricktacular should prove to be very nice in their inaugural year here in Florida !!

Legoland Florida: Christmas Bricktacular begins Dec. 5
Legoland — posted by dewayne bevil on November, 16 2011 11:03 AM
Discuss This: Comments(6) | Add to del.icio.us | Digg it

Legoland Florida has announced its first year-end holiday plans. Beginning Dec. 5, the Winter Haven theme park will mark its “Christmas Bricktacular” with decorations, primarily in “The Beginning” and Fun Town areas.

One dominant decoration should be the 30-foot Christmas tree made of 270,000 green Lego and Duplo bricks. It will be erected in The Beginning - a.k.a., the park’s entrance. The first lighting ceremony will take place Monday, Dec. 5., and a family will be selected to assist with the lighting each night from Dec. 8 to Dec. 31.

(Friendly reminder that Legoland Florida, which opened in October, is frequently closed on Tuesdays and Wednesday, including Dec. 6, 7, 13 and 14. )

Santa Claus will be stationed in the botanical gardens area and available for photos.

On Dec. 31, Legoland Florida will celebrate Kids’ New Year’s Eve, which features fireworks at an unusual time — what Legoland refers to as midnight KST or “Kid Standard Time,” more commonly known as 7 p.m. Eastern Time.

The holiday events are included in regular park admission.

To double-check days and hours of operation of Legoland Florida, go to www.florida.legoland.com.

Add a comment

The former Cypress Gardens used to do an awesome Christmas Extravaganza with a chittload of lights (wish I could remember #'s,like over 500 thousand)!! The New Legoland Bricktacular should prove to be very nice in their inaugural year here in Florida !!

Legoland Florida: Christmas Bricktacular begins Dec. 5
Legoland — posted by dewayne bevil on November, 16 2011 11:03 AM
Discuss This: Comments(6) | Add to del.icio.us | Digg it

Legoland Florida has announced its first year-end holiday plans. Beginning Dec. 5, the Winter Haven theme park will mark its “Christmas Bricktacular” with decorations, primarily in “The Beginning” and Fun Town areas.

One dominant decoration should be the 30-foot Christmas tree made of 270,000 green Lego and Duplo bricks. It will be erected in The Beginning - a.k.a., the park’s entrance. The first lighting ceremony will take place Monday, Dec. 5., and a family will be selected to assist with the lighting each night from Dec. 8 to Dec. 31.

(Friendly reminder that Legoland Florida, which opened in October, is frequently closed on Tuesdays and Wednesday, including Dec. 6, 7, 13 and 14. )

Santa Claus will be stationed in the botanical gardens area and available for photos.

On Dec. 31, Legoland Florida will celebrate Kids’ New Year’s Eve, which features fireworks at an unusual time — what Legoland refers to as midnight KST or “Kid Standard Time,” more commonly known as 7 p.m. Eastern Time.

The holiday events are included in regular park admission.

To double-check days and hours of operation of Legoland Florida, go to www.florida.legoland.com.

Add a comment

I recall when Rhema started out and now they are up to 2,000,000+ lights. It is beautiful.

Turned my efforts indoors this year....condo has rules about hanging stuff on the outside of buildings. Lowe's let me take the whole bottom of a tree for free...I took off all the nice branches in the parking lot and a good ol' boy came along and took the stump for his firepit.

Once I got home I set about building a garland using wire, hung it up and added lights and decorations. Since I live alone I don't put up a tree.

Let's see yours :D

Attachments

• 014.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 98
-
Back