Open 489s worth anything?

-

65Valiant310

Reaction score
Got a 3.23 peg leg 489 pumpkin, and a 2.76 peg leg 489 pumpkin. Are they worth anything or just get rid of em?

I was going to keep one since I have a 741 in my 8 3/4 currently and like the gear options better on the 489.

Keep both add a suregrip unit and a solid crush sleeve and there you go

If your 741 has a sure grip, use it in the 489 case where the pinion is 1 7/8 instead of 1 3/8 as in the 741

Nope its a peg leg. Are the b body housings worth anything? I have an abody so no use for it.

Nope its a peg leg. Are the b body housings worth anything? I have an abody so no use for it.

What year B-body? Generally, a B-body housing can be used in a A-body by simply relocating the spring perches and using a different wheel backspacing.
My '69 Dart came with a B-body housing when I bought it from the previous owner. I'm simply going to have it narrowed so I can use it with the Centerline wheels I already have and 275-series tires. I like the larger 11" drum brakes on the B-body housings.
Don't throw it away - sell it if you're not going to use it.

Got a 3.23 peg leg 489 pumpkin, and a 2.76 peg leg 489 pumpkin. Are they worth anything or just get rid of em?

I was going to keep one since I have a 741 in my 8 3/4 currently and like the gear options better on the 489.

3.23 would be worth putting a sure grip unit in.

-
Back