Opening day ,MLB...

-
why does LA have wood for Jansen? hasnt impressed me in all their 9th inning losses...Angels got beat too by one pitch that was a 3 run homer. Socia playing small ball with 5 infielders with men at the corners with 1 out in the 11th. game was 4+ hours.

Time for me to do my annual Spring Ritual. I always watch an old B&W movie called It Happens Every Spring just when baseball season starts. It's from the late 40s or early 50s, and it's pretty good. A college chemistry professor who was a fair pitcher at one time accidently invents a liquid which, when applied to a baseball, repels wood. The batter swings, and the ball 'hops' over the bat. It is quite fun, and a great way to kick off the season.

Jays get their 1st win of the season. Superman(Kevin Pillar) steals 2nd 3rd and home all in same inning. Off of Betances, beautiful. I think they said only 6th time since the 40's?

Jays get their 1st win of the season. Superman(Kevin Pillar) steals 2nd 3rd and home all in same inning. Off of Betances, beautiful. I think they said only 6th time since the 40's?

Whoa, that was a friggin lead! With that wild pitch, I think I could have stole home on that one. Nice. Yo pitcher, welcome to the 2018 MLB season...:rofl:

Yeaht notice that Pillar broke for home before Botances even threw home.
Love it. Hate me some Yankmees.
I only run to the dinner plate anymore lol.
Oh ya Smoak hits a 3-2 2 out grand slam in the 8th to beat the Yankees.
Nice.
Hate me some Yankmees lol
Whoa, that was a friggin lead! With that wild pitch, I think I could have stole home on that one. Nice. Yo pitcher, welcome to the 2018 MLB season...:rofl:

Tigers home opener tied at the bottom of the 9th, hit into short right field, runner on third slides across home plate, called safe!!! Instant replay reviewed in New York by officials, call reversed. Tigers go on to lose in the 13th. MLB

...runner on third slides across home plate, called safe!!! Instant replay reviewed in New York by officials, call reversed....

Poorly executed rule. Calls should not be reviewed by anyone but the 4 game umpires using video review. Would keep the game time down too. Watching A's get beat by my Angels looked like a little league defensive showing by the A's. 2 E's by left fielder alone, ball drops between 3 fielders, center fielder doesnt charge a fly ball..bounces 3 feet in front of him. Yikes. At least the manager didn't call for a reliever when there was no one in the bullpen! Phillies....

Jays win again. Osuna sets record for youngest reliever to get 100 saves. Jays now 8-4 And haven't lost a series.
Yankmees lose again lol 14-1 to Red Sox.
Stanton striking out almost 50% of the time! Nice and consistent!
Angels pitcher/dh is hot right now. Home runs and perfect game into the 6th...incredible.
Go Jays!

-
Back