Opinion on this 69 Dart, Please.

-
can't really tell because the pictures suck. the car only having 18,000 miles on it really means nothing anymore because the owner replaced the entire drivetrain with go knows what. whats with the yellow engine block? you would think if you were changing it over to a v-8 car that you would atleast clean and paint the engine compartment while everything was apart. i see a dent in the trunk. wonder what else is wrong with the body.

Not a horrible price. For what he's asking, you can spend quite a bit more doing a complete v8 4-speed rearend and disc swap. I agree the yellow engine block is funky. Maybe the guy was planning a yellow all-over paint job, but that does not make sense with the new blue interior :munky2:

Be sure to check that thing over really well in person. Bet you could jew him down 1K or more. IMHO a 95-100% rust free car is worth at least an extra $1000-1500.

The car still needs paint and body work......I'd knock $1000-1500 off at least.

Being a 69 dart owner myself I say GOOD BUY if the under side is sound.I think any car with all that is a GOOD BUY mopars only.What class is it If it is a LL dart there classed low priced nothing fancy just a plain old Dart,but its what we turn them into in the end.

Not terrible, but the color combo doesn't exactly trip my trigger......still, to reproduce it (with an absolute rust-free body) would be hard for the money.

.....if it is good as he says...run to get it...no way you could reproduce for the same buck..

If he did the 4 speed right(hump,pedals,etc.) I think it is a fair to good price. A paint job will cost you 10 grand these days. Interior a couple grand. Motor 2 to 5 grand. If he has receipts for the motor that would be helpful as well. Also it is nice to drive a car that has all that car has to offer but not worth the money a restored original is worth. You're not as nervous or worried driving it cause it isn't a one of one worth a bazillion dollars. You can roach the tires and not feel like your abusing this all original car. My two cents, good luck.

Here's something for comparison:
3 years ago I bought my '69 Dart on eBay out of Oregon for $5400. It arrived on the transport with a brand new 380-horse 360 crate motor, freshly rebuilt 727, B-body 8-3/4 with a 489 carrier and sure-grip, new low-dollar paint job, decent interior, LBP front discs, new 3" exhaust and mufflers laying across the back seat, new B&M shifter still in the box, new Autometer guages still in the boxes, all the trim parts and pieces to finish the build. The only rust I've found on the car since then are a couple of pin holes in the spare tire well. Everything else is solid.

-
Back