opinion question 360:

-

valiantrick

Reaction score
Hi, have another opinion guestion:
360 0.30 over, completely rebuild,forged pistons 9:1, hv-pump, 7qt pan,windage tray, stock heads with 2.02/1.6 valves, ported. 292/.501 hyd cam, edelbrock torker II , holley 750 dp and 1 3/4 headers..pointer less distributer , msd 6. timing set at 36 degrees. Any toughts surrounding this combo? how much power?

380 - 400 hp max, porting could add up to 25-30 hp depending on port flow/quality and type of valves used. Also type of head. Letter series or under head numbers help alot. Flow numbers work best.

I agree 380 to 400 hp. Nice combo. With the right gear and convertor in an A-body it should be an easy 12 second combo. Ron

Thanks for the info guys. I'll check the heads and then come back to you.
Anyone here who runs nitrous? I'm thinking of getting a system, how much nitrous can you run on a 360 with stock rotating assembly? except for the pistons mentioned above.

forged pistons, 9:1, I'd think 200 is fine..stock rods wont hold too much more than 250, keep the rpms down. The main caps may start moving around too.

Definitely keep the rpm's down (below 6000), and the rods and bearings should live longer if you avoid a 250 shot (150-200 max). Monitor the engine oil for nitrous/fuel contamination and bearing material. And watch that oil pressure gauge!

-
Back