Opinions on 71 Demon Clone for sale

-
I've been looking at his build, he had the paint & striping done this year, so any striping is a result of his choices, not original build. It also has a '72 trunk lid, not sure what else would be mismatched as he doesn't have a lot of pictures nor has he responded to my DM other than to say he hasn't sold it.
Sorry, I was referring to the white and black one that was just posted. Your original post has changes made, liberties taken to make it a nice build with the builders tastes.

Sorry, I was referring to the white and black one that was just posted. Your original post has changes made, liberties taken to make it a nice build with the builders tastes.
I was, too. Guy in California with the white & black. It's a recent resto, just had it painted per his posts on FB. The trunk lid is '72, I've messaged him & he said it hasn't sold yet (posted in August), and asked for more pictures but he hasn't sent any.

It was rainy, so no drive, but started it up (cold) and it sounds great. Doesn't have the ECS vapor return line, would probably do the MAD ammeter bypass, get some day 2 wheels/tires, the rest looks great.
Looks like a nice restoration, untill the Chevy guy did the engine bay. Would a 340 in the car be nice ? Yes. But I have no problem with the 360. I would pull it, and put a fresh coat of Street Hemi Orange on it, and get it back as close to factory ad possible. Not sure why you would spend more money on day 2 wheels. The body color steelies with red line dog dishes, and Goodyear tires set the car off just right. In regards to 40k? Sounds a little steep. Even at 30k, that might be a tough pill to swallow. Haven't said that it looks like a nice car. Would have been nice to see the undercarriage, to see if it is a pig, with lipstick on it. Not sure if you are still interested in picking it up, but if you do, I wish you luck.

I've been looking at his build, he had the paint & striping done this year, so any striping is a result of his choices, not original build. It also has a '72 trunk lid, not sure what else would be mismatched as he doesn't have a lot of pictures nor has he responded to my DM other than to say he hasn't sold it.
Thats a good sales strategy don't put up many pictures and don't answer any questions.

Looks like a nice restoration, untill the Chevy guy did the engine bay. Would a 340 in the car be nice ? Yes. But I have no problem with the 360. I would pull it, and put a fresh coat of Street Hemi Orange on it, and get it back as close to factory ad possible. Not sure why you would spend more money on day 2 wheels. The body color steelies with red line dog dishes, and Goodyear tires set the car off just right. In regards to 40k? Sounds a little steep. Even at 30k, that might be a tough pill to swallow. Haven't said that it looks like a nice car. Would have been nice to see the undercarriage, to see if it is a pig, with lipstick on it. Not sure if you are still interested in picking it up, but if you do, I wish you luck.
Someone posted up a link to like a million detailed pics of the red Demon earlier in this thread. You can see every inch of the underside of that car inside the trunk ect. Appears to be a very thorough high end restoration based on what I could see in the many pictures.

The red one doesn't seem to far off price wise, the standard dash would bother me, but its a 4 speed and has $3,000 + 6 pack setup. A lot of guys haven't realized what has happened to 71 demon prices ! let alone a real 71 demon 340 if one can be found.

The red one doesn't seem to far off price wise, the standard dash would bother me, but its a 4 speed and has $3,000 + 6 pack setup. A lot of guys haven't realized what has happened to 71 demon prices ! let alone a real 71 demon 340 if one can be found.
Some friends of mine and I have been discussing Demon 340 prices. Mine being a true GSS car, I wonder the value

Yes, priceless to me, just thinking insured value. Yes was great meeting you. MCACN was so fun

Whatever you think the value may be, you’d be better off doubling that for insurance.

You can’t just run out and replace this stuff any more. It’s double damned expensive just to buy something to start to replace what you have.

Whatever you think the value may be, you’d be better off doubling that for insurance.

You can’t just run out and replace this stuff any more. It’s double damned expensive just to buy something to start to replace what you have.
Have to see what Hagerty has to say

Some friends of mine and I have been discussing Demon 340 prices. Mine being a true GSS car, I wonder the value
dont know but quite a bit i would think :thumbsup:

demon_002_1280x960__c109916f315203258965ba6b00cc7fde3a32d855.jpg

6 pack 005 (1280x960).jpg

Said to be purchased from Bettenhousen dodge new, previous owner history back to 1972, kind of a high option, ruff street brawler survivor, strong 360 with the old Direct connection mechanical 6 pack carbs. Only filter that will work and also be able to close the hood is the ford tri power filter with around a 1" or two cut out and glued. Motocraft FA-48

Last edited:
Two year only model. And '72 got a compression drop. That red Demon looks to be a high end restoration, desirable color, 4 spd, thats a nice car.

Might have to sell crack.Its in the sale adds.
This is a beautiful car.

As an update to the group, I bought an issue of the August 09 Mopar Muscle magazine to see what's in the write up. It looks like they just assumed it's a 340, calling it a "70s era 340." The engine work was done in Ontario Canada by Competition Automotive (could make sense for the VIN "R" plant, Windsor). I looked them up & they appear to be closed as of fairly recently. Looking up their address & reading Google reviews, everything points to a Doug. I try searching for Doug from CA in Ontario, & an article comes up from Nash Engines saying that Doug from CA has joined their team. Emailed them the block & VIN plate photos along with some of the car, asking if Doug could take a look & see if he remembers or give a true "expert" opinion on the matter.

Some good details in the article: 4.11 sure grip, Strange axles, 10.5 compression JE pistons, Eagle rods, Hughes cam, 445 crank hp. Exhaust used to be out the side ahead of the rear wheels, & the aftermarket tach & gauges aren't there. Otherwise the same as the article. Curious what I hear back from Doug.

Motor Trend online version of the article: 1971 Dodge Demon With Style Hood Scoop And Go Wing - Mopar Muscle Magazine

PXL_20221213_015013428.jpg

PXL_20221213_015043643.jpg

PXL_20221213_015120151.jpg

PXL_20221213_015125355.jpg

Once the overall market tanks in 2023 car prices will come way down. But they will start by offering financing in house at the same high prices. if you can wait you will make out pretty good. that magazine car doesn't have a ralley dash...er...doink!

-
Back