Opinions on best oil pan gasket

-

downsr

Reaction score
What is everyone using for oil pan gasket for 340.Have fel pro os 6566 gasket set.2 rubber end pieces and cork sides.Cork seems to be thin .Took same gasket off of it and the gasket feel apart.Anyone know a better gasket Also any tips on installation.Do you do any trimming of the cork gasket on the corners

What is everyone using for oil pan gasket for 340.Have fel pro os 6566 gasket set.2 rubber end pieces and cork sides.Cork seems to be thin .Took same gasket off of it and the gasket feel apart.Anyone know a better gasket Also any tips on installation.Do you do any trimming of the cork gasket on the corners

Buddy of mine who is a Mopar guru said these are the best and all he ever uses. He really knows his stuff so I just ordered mine

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-12-30-09-09-43.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 501
Have used the cork gasket from mr. Gasket and never had problem

Have had great results with the Milodon gaskets. Have had terrible results with the deep oil pan. The Milodon gaskets I believe are rubberized with a metal core (they don't squeeze out) I know, don't over tighten and they won't squeeze out. They're not going to actually be able to tear or dry out as easily as cork.

Buddy of mine who is a Mopar guru said these are the best and all he ever uses. He really knows his stuff so I just ordered mine
that one shows a 360 gasket, not sure the 340 is the same (never had a 340)

Just ordered the milodon gaskets the number for the 340 gaskets is 40600.Thanks for your help

I used a 4-piece Cometic gasket on my Magnum with an LA 360 style Milidon pan. They are not made of cork, and like the Milidon gaskets will not crush out on the side rails. They are high quality gaskets. I also used Permatex Ultra Seal RTV on clean, oil-free surfaces to futher seal them into place.

Ma Mopar's one piece for a 5.2 318. Truck or Jeep listing at your local dealer.Used it on a 70 340 Duster.

-
Back