Opinions on my 360 build

-

79JON

Reaction score
I basically wanted to get everyones opinion on what you think about my 360 I plan to do for my 71 Duster. This wont be a race car.. Just a fun weekend cruiser with some pep. Here is what I have so far and I will list out the Cam carb I was thinking of getting. Please let me know if you have any suggestions of doing something different or something.

I got a 74-76? Volare 360 long block from a guy that rebuilt it. He said he bored it 20 over, Mild ported heads and gasket matched, stock valve springs, flat top pistons (not sure of the brand) Crank is stock. Basically overall its a mild 360 I started off with.

Ive got a rebuilt 727 that I plan on getting the B&M 2400 stall with external balanced flex plate.

Rear end is a 8 1/4 2.41 gear peg leg that will be in it for a while till I build up a 8 3/4

Stock exhaust manifolds and Stock Valvetrain

Ive already got a Performer RPM air gap intake.

This is the rest of what I plan on getting

-MP Electronic Ignition Orange box
-Holley Street Avenger 670 cfm electric choke
-Voodoo 262 cam 60402 475 lift
-Cloyes Double Roller timing chain
-Melling High Volume Oil pump

Is that Holley to much for this current build or will it be fine?? Also Could I step up to the 268 Voodoo Cam 60403?? with the stock valvetrain?

Any help would be appreciated.. I got my tax return and ready to spend money on some parts :cheers:

Stick with the 02 lunati unless you are going to 3.55's or so real quick. The 268 makes pretty d3ecent torque down low, but really likes to run 2000+.

Your carbs fine.

All VooDoo cams need a lot of spring pressure. But your head guy can get a comparable single spring to run with. The stamped rockers will work, but you will need to make sure the lifter preload is right by measuring the pushrod lenght.

Your in deep need of some gear for that rear. Otherwise, not to bad. Headers would help. If exhaust manifolds are staying. Then, OK.

I think im just gonna play it safe and run the 262 cam. That rear end will be in there for alitte while.. its all I have right now with the 4.5 bolt pattern. Money is the major part of the build right now and since I already have Manifolds I will be running them as of now. I appreciate everyones help!

-
Back