Ordered The New Paxton Setup

-

DART340

Reaction score
Well I ordered the new paxton supercharger setup. I will probably be on vacation by the time it gets here, but after I get back and install it, I will let you guys know how it performs. I will install it just as they say initially, but then i will add an intercooler.

They aren't very specific about performance increases. 30 - 75 % ?? A price would be nice also.

I know there are a lot of variables, but it would have been better just to say "up to 75% performance increase".

My buddy had a Paxton setup on a dart back in the eighties, it ran real nice and very streetable. Didn't even know it was there til the boost came on.

My system ran $2884.00 from the directions it seems very easy to install and they said based on my setup and 7-8 lbs of boost I was looking at about 35% increase which would translate into about 150 hp. Adding the intercooler would give a little more

Best of luck with it DART 340. In the past, I have had a horrible time in dealing with Paxton on the phone. HOpe all has change since I last spoke with there (LOL) tech guys. It has been sometime since then. About 14 years.

wonder how much compression you can run with 7- 8 pounds of boost

are there smaller pulleys availible? 7-8# isn't too shabby, 14# would be much more fun :D. $2800 isn't allll that bad. Wonder if you can just buy the brackets however and do your own setup for an efi and just run a carb hat.

kind of a general chart.

If you have 8:1 compression and add 6psi you bump up to 11.3:1, 8psi = 12.4:1. 9:1 + 6# = 12.7:1. 9:1 + 8# = 13.9:1.

The calculation for effective compression ratio is = (Boost / 14.7) + 1 x Static Compression = Effective Compression. Really you wont want to go more than 12.5:1 on a street motor running 91 octane. Some nice forged bottom end, dished pistons, alum head, efi, 100octane...you can run plenty-o-boost :D

you can force hypers, just be careful on fuel trims and ignition. You can't have the room to play with like you would if you had forged. But if you run a safer tune you definately could

Well in my case I am running 9 to 1 pistons with the 7-8 lbs of boost. I will be running a 6btm with my msd distributor. I plan on backing out about 10 degrees by the time I reach full boost.

-
Back