Ordering items that come from the manufacturer, I e camshafts

-

greymouser7

Vagrant Vagabond “Veni Vidi Vici”
Reaction score
Is it just long wait?

is it possible that it’s not gonna happen?

I think I remember @rumblefish360 saying long waits of back order on camshafts, so I called a different parts company, item was (& still is) listed as in stock. So I call the company up, and ask, “are you sure, can you verify for me that this camshaft is in stock. Lies. Call them back lies.

should I cancel the order because it is very possible that the cam isn’t coming for 8 months?

what do you guys think?

What cam? You should include a part number. Vendors are not the only sources. We have members who might have it.

Back in the mid to late 70s u could buy a Street Hemi grind cam for $37.50 Canadian. Tail pipes for my 340 swinger were $11.00 and $14.00 each. Tips were $17.50. Kim

Back in the mid to late 70s u could buy a Street Hemi grind cam for $37.50 Canadian. Tail pipes for my 340 swinger were $11.00 and $14.00 each. Tips were $17.50. Kim

Yeah, but Kimmer, in those days houses were $75,000. New cars were $4500. Engineers made $8.00/hr. Doctors pulled down $50,000/yr.t It's all relative.

Yea I found a receipt for a 70 cuda grill from I think 1976 and it was $12.00 and the headlight bezels were
$ 7.00 each. Yea those were the days. I made $2.50 hr back then.

edit: I sold it in 1990 for $125.00 now they are what $1000.00

Yes, extremely frustrating; I feel your pain. I ordered cyl heads from Hughes, paid that including a hefty amount in freight to send to Australia, only to find out AFTERWARDS that the heads were on b/order with no known delivery date. No mention on the H website about being on BO. They refunded the money but I lost a significant amount of money in CC fees & the $AU/$US conversion.

what do you guys think?
Very few cams are actually in stock anymore at places like Summit, Jegs Etc especially for Mopars. The days of Mopar cams-a-plenty stocked on shelves are over, other than old stock on hand, it’s very unlikely they’ll “replenish” They will be drop shipped from the manufacturer (after they grind it) With the core shortage especially, ain’t no company gonna have product laying dormant for who knows how long until the dwindling Chrysler guy comes a-calling. Ground when ordered is the new norm.

On eBay right now not your cam but ballpark. Under camshaft for small block Mopar

Screenshot_20210327-074831.png

There is a longer waiting times for many parts due to the pandemic. Call and ask if the part is on hand for everything.

There is a longer waiting times for many parts due to the pandemic. Call and ask if the part is on hand for everything.
I did, after they verbally acknowledged it was on hand I asked again, “ how do you know?” They had no clue what they have and have no clue how to verify what they have. Kinda curious as to how they keep in business.

they incidentally lied to me because their computer said it was on hand, and refused to bother with me by verifying their stock that is within their warehouse.

Last edited:
I did, after they verbally acknowledged it was on hand I asked again, “ how do you know?” They had no clue and have no clue what they have

they lied to me because their computer said it was on hand, and refused to allow me to have them verify stock with their warehouse

Send a core to Ken Heard. He won't lie. He'll grind you a cam.

-
Back