Original , 1962 Valiant Promo !

-

LH23H2R

Reaction score
One of my closest friends got for me an original , 1962 Valiant Signet 200 , 1/25 scale promo !

It's from AMT ( odd , as Jo-Han was typically the Chrysler , et al. , and other "off makes" promo and kit manufacturer ) , and is 100% untouched , other than age
( foggy windows , which I'll clean up with plastic polish ).

Not sure how common or rare these old AMT promos are , especially one of a 1962 Valiant 2 door hard top ; but that doesn't matter as I'm not going to sell it ; it was a gift .

I'm -considering- adding Bare Metal Foil to the trim and doing some minor detail painting , but am not sure if I want to touch -- other than clean up -- and original , unpainted , unmodified promo ...

Adding detail is great if you are keeping it. Most collectors want perfect untouched items with boxes. Just keep it from heat and direct sunlight. I would say enjoy your collectible!

If you mess with it you will kill its value and its cool factor, some of those promo cars used to bring big money.. I've not modeled in awhile don't know what the market is right now....

Thanks for all of your input , everyone .

Other than cleaning it up ( like I already stated , the windows are foggy -- but at least not yellowed ; there's dust-dirt in the recesses ; and the chrome needs to be very carefully cleaned [ Q-Tip dipped in hydrogen peroxide / water combo ] ) , I'm going to leave it alone .

Certainly , if it was modified , painted , or otherwise compromised , then I would paint and detail it ; but since it's complete and untouched , I'll leave it alone .

btw , I also have a 1975 Dart Sport promo that untouched . It's "Sunfire Yellow" ( looks like it might be an updated name for FY1 Top Banana ) , and was made by MPC .
I bought it 20+ years ago at an automotive-specific swap meet , for next to nothing ( ahhhhh ... the days before anything post-1971 was deemed desirable ... ) , and have always kept it in a clear plastic case ; it's in perfect condition .

Now , if only I could go back in time and not modify or destroy all of those promo's I had as a kid ( mostly Ford promo's , as my aunt that worked at Downtown Ford in L.A. used to get 'em for me ) , like the 1971-1973 Mustang , 1970 - 197? Maverick , 1974 Duster , and so on ...

-
Back