Original 1970 Dodge Dart "340" INFORMATION NEEDED

-
Hey guys, this post was suppose to get helpful information about a '70 dart 340, not about your personal blah, blah, blah! Here's a concept America has lost, "think of others"!!!

What exactly do you want to know ?
As mentioned Google is your friend.
There's enough info to read for nights if you stay calm and Google it. :)

My advice ?
Dont throw away the 1 year only rimblow steering wheel because you think its ugly.
Guys are paying a ransom for them. That goes the same for the HiPo manifolds they use to throw on a pile back in the day. You could just about build a chevy for the price of these 2 parts. :)

One went across the block at Barret Jackson at 40k. Average market price for a good example 4 speed car is around 21k. I know where a B5 blue, California car is located. It's an AC car, auto on the floor. It may be for sale. I also looked at one along the I-10 at a Classic Car lot about a year ago. Nice looking car but way too much money.

Hopefully that BJ car won't drive the prices.

View attachment 1715009291

All that money, and they cant even get the grill right. Hmm.

I own 2 now. cut up 26. sold dozens in better condition than when I purchased them. I have a Registry of almost 1300 OR 10% OF ALL 70'S BUILT. I have photos of what was to be built and never built and documentation on what was built. contact me if you have a VIN and need past history or any questions. [email protected] 8604168434 in CT
My first Dart (which I still own) tore up all cars on the street with headers, high rise and Holley. other tricks also helped but too much new technology out there today to compete.

Did you buy that yellow 340 Swinger from the guy in Ohio?

This car has been floating around the Internet for a while now. Classic rods and rides in Minnesota had it listed prior to barret listing it for this years auction. Prior to that is was available for sale in Arizona a few times and somewhere else too if memory serves. If a guy really wanted it he could have had it for close to 25k last year in Arizona, 15k difference - ouch. It's a nice car but not that nice. Things like a dash cap cover live on that car. For 40k I'd want a pretty darn pristine unit.

I just listed one in cars for sale as a project but don't know how to price it. Any opinion as to what a project car is worth?

To the op, did you find anything that sparked your interest?

I own 2 now. cut up 26. sold dozens in better condition than when I purchased them. I have a Registry of almost 1300 OR 10% OF ALL 70'S BUILT. I have photos of what was to be built and never built and documentation on what was built. contact me if you have a VIN and need past history or any questions. [email protected] 8604168434 in CT
My first Dart (which I still own) tore up all cars on the street with headers, high rise and Holley. other tricks also helped but too much new technology out there today to compete.

And didn't you have a Plumb Crazy 70 for sale awhile back?

What exactly do you want to know ?
As mentioned Google is your friend.
There's enough info to read for nights if you stay calm and Google it. :)

My advice ?
Dont throw away the 1 year only rimblow steering wheel because you think its ugly.
Guys are paying a ransom for them. That goes the same for the HiPo manifolds they use to throw on a pile back in the day. You could just about build a chevy for the price of these 2 parts. :)
Really? I think I could scare up three sets....... two for sure.

Really? I think I could scare up three sets....... two for sure.

Sets of HiPo 340 manifolds ?
At what cost ?
Dam things are going for $400-$500 all day long.
Add the $500-$700+ for the 1yr only Rimblow, and theres your Chevy.

-
Back