Original AIR

-

RAT ROD AL

MOPAR ARCHAEOLOGIST - one parts hoard at a time!
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
m6qj2mfimlgyh3ynjuap3ka-jpg.jpg

I've been looking for some NOS ( MOPAR) air for this 67 barracuda I got a while back. It is totally all original. And I mean plugs , battery and I think even has the factory oil in the engine.( I don't see a sticker anywhere where someone changed it!) But anyway a couple of the tires are getting low on air and I don't want to de-value the car by putting regular modern air in it. Not as pure as it was back in the 60s. I remember the 70s cars came with the space saver spare tire and canister of air, did they make this stuff for 67s???
Now I don't drive this car on a regular basis , actually I don't drive it at all cause it's got to be pretty valuable since it has never had an after market part put on it ! OH and it's out of the gas that came with it ! Can't find any of that either!. Anyway it's getting hard to push on and off the trailer when I take it to a car show with the low tires. If anyone knows where I can find some please let me know ! Money is no object, I may pay top $$$$ for some 67 mopar air !

20160418_162144-jpeg.jpg

View attachment 1715899741

I've been looking for some NOS ( MOPAR) air for this 67 barracuda I got a while back. It is totally all original. And I mean plugs , battery and I think even has the factory oil in the engine.( I don't see a sticker anywhere where someone changed it!) But anyway a couple of the tires are getting low on air and I don't want to de-value the car by putting regular modern air in it. Not as pure as it was back in the 60s. I remember the 70s cars came with the space saver spare tire and canister of air, did they make this stuff for 67s???
Now I don't drive this car on a regular basis , actually I don't drive it at all cause it's got to be pretty valuable since it has never had an after market part put on it ! OH and it's out of the gas that came with it ! Can't find any of that either!. Anyway it's getting hard to push on and off the trailer when I take it to a car show with the low tires. If anyone knows where I can find some please let me know ! Money is no object, I may pay top $$$$ for some 67 mopar air !

View attachment 1715899742
Damn, good luck with that.

Bring 2 or 3 air tanks with you when y'all come up to ride. There's a few old gas stations hid around out in Robbinsville that look like they're stuck in 1967!
:thumbsup:

Bring 2 or 3 air tanks with you when y'all come up to ride. There's a few old gas stations hid around out in Robbinsville that look like they're stuck in 1967!
:thumbsup:
Hey there J D ! We should be up there around the end May. Maybe get together.

It's 22 years newer, but my Shelby Dakota spare still has most of its original air in it that it had when I drove it home home the dealer.

Al, today is your lucky day! I have original 1968 air in my unrestored original that has 8 miles on the odometer. If you bring ur car up here, we could hook up a hose between the two and do an air transplant.

Oh yeah, I'm pretty sure the first but air that I let loose on the drive home is still trapped in the seat foam.

Good thing April Fools Day is about over.

Al, today is your lucky day! I have original 1968 air in my unrestored original that has 8 miles on the odometer. If you bring ur car up here, we could hook up a hose between the two and do an air transplant.
1968 air won’t work for the 1967 models. Ma MoPar replaced all early 68 models with fresh 1968 air on Jan 1, 1968, the first day that it was available.

Not as pure as it was back in the 60s.
Actually Al, it is the other way around, depending on where the car was first aired up, the sky line in Los Angles in 67 was always a orange color.

May be you could duplicate the 67 air by mixing the exhost fumes from the tail pipe with some modern air?

Good luck on your quest

-
Back