Original color?

-

woody_3

Reaction score
Okay guys I know this is a highly discussed topic and everyone seems to have their own opinion but I can't decide if I want to change the color of my car or keep it original. It's a 71 demon and its dark greenish. I don't like the color but a lot of people have told me to keep it original. It doesn't have the original engine in it anyways. I would really like to change it to a blue color but it will also cost more because then I would have to completely redo the interior. I am planning on starting the restoration this winter. What are your guys thoughts should I keep the original green or go with the blue I want?

Its your car paint it what ever color makes YOU happy !!! It is what it is .....any changes you make to help you like the color will cause you to stray from original .......actually that should be the first thing you do then you wont have to worry about it any more...lol. I went years (19 ) with the original rally wheels on mine cause I didn't want to get away from original ....Finally, I bought some Crager SS wheels and 15" tires WOW, what a change! Maybe try that ...Before changing color try different Wheels lift the back a little ...give it a new "Stance", might change your opinion of the green. No matter what, unless you cut it up you can always go back. Bottom line is you have to be happy with it ......nobody else.

x2 John Dark green needs a shiny chrome spoked wheel. I had a 69 Road Runner that looked bad until I put Cragar SS's all around.

what do YOU want to do ? then do it ! its just paint , who cares , enjoy the thing. blue is a great color

what do YOU want to do ? then do it ! its just paint , who cares , enjoy the thing. blue is a great color

Your car- do it your way
Are you doing it to resell or to enjoy?

If it were a high $$$ low production car- maybe it would be different????

Dark greenish sounds like such a nice color.... ish....

This Demon used to be a dark green 6 cylinder car. He's doing a burnoff on a blocked off city street because he had just won "Best Paint" at a show! He and I are the only two that know the history of the car. Life is short, do what makes you happy!

IMG_128211395629829_zpsb66c6a93.jpg

If it was a *really* rare car that you were restoring to original, than sure... but if it isn't, do what you want.

I think we would sell our car if we had ti keep it the original colour...ya gotta love what you drive..

Ultimately it's your car. Do what makes you happy. If it's an original 340 car, I'd personally paint it the original color. Green looks really good when it's fresh.

Stay with the green and add white side stripes and Raised Whiter Letter tires and it will look great!!

I am going through this debate with mine. Finally decided I just didn't like the original color enough so I am going with something different. My car is nowhere near original. I say go with what will make you happiest.

lol paint it the color You want and will love! its your car and your money.

Attachments

• 51.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 119
If it was a rare car, or you were planning to do a stock restoration, then sure, paint it the original color. If not, then paint it what makes you happy. Whatever is visually pleasing to you.

I must admit green is starting to grow on me......doh, is that mold?! JK. But if you keep it a color you don't particularly like, will that end up being how you feel about the car? Blue for you...

-
Back