Original Dealership info?

-

ValiantHardtop

Reaction score
Hey guys,

This may be a dumb question, but is there any way I can find out where my '72 Plymouth Scamp was sold originally?

For Mustangs and other Fords from the States you can get a Marti report that gives all this info. For some of my Australian Fords, I've been able to call Ford and have been given the original dealer name.

Is this something I can do for the Plymouth? I've found some excellent dataplate decoders to help me with the options, but I'm keen to know where it came from originally.

It's a Windsor, Ontario built car if that helps.

Thanks!

NH

Jepp, you just write Chrysler HIstorical a letter with USD 35 I think and you will recieve a copy of the cars produkction tag alonmg withall the info that they have, dealer, production date etc. When yopu got the dealers name give him a call. I've done that and boy what info you get. Good luck.

If you have the build sheet, it has a dealership code on it. If not, good luck. I think the records for '72 models were lost many years ago. As 65dartcharger said, try contacting Chrysler Historical to see if they have any info. Don't expect a full history book here.... when I did my '66 model, there was only a couple of things I learned over my fender tag and VIN info. I suppose it was worth it but it was no bargain.

-
Back