The better half and I are going to be in Ottawa this coming Friday for
the buskers festival. We are staying the whole weekend. Is there any
cruise nights during the weekend in the Ottawa area. I won't have the car
but spectating is okay.

Wilson :)

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 187
sorry i missed your post. not much happens on the weekend. Except for a few tim horton's meets around town. hopefully you had a great time in Ottawa. cheers, Mike

Merivale road at the Tim Hortons, This is a hot spot for Saturday night.but lot's of tuners, nothing happens before 10pm, There also this spot Carling and Woodroffe. Carling use to be where all the street racers met, now we just sit and drink coffee...lol
I just heard on the radio that buskerfest is this weekend, I thought it was last weekend. There also a great show Sunday in Brockvile, about an hour from Ottawa, right along the St Laurent seaway. Send me a PM, I'll forward you cell # maybe we could hook up, Cheers Mike

Since his post was on Sunday, I believe he's talking about this Friday - Aug. 3.

As 2darts stated not much on the weekends. Most gather at the Tim Hortons / Wendy's - 1611 Merivale Road & Meadowlands Drive. Most people gather there - muscle cars, ricers, bikes, trucks and anything with wheels.

The second spot is a smaller venue that the Mopar guys have been doing for a couple years. They want to get away from the noise and BS on Merivale. Back in the day, the spot to cruise was Carling Ave. So a small number of Mopar guys and now a couple Fords and Chevies are back on Carling. There's a small Tim Hortons next to the Easy Home store @ 2206 Carling Ave. This is where I usually can be found when I can drag my *** outta bed. I work nights and get sleep whenever I can. The only problem is the old farts usually pack it in @ 11:00pm on Friday nights. Since I work @ 2:00am Sat. morning, I'm gone too. Sat night they might stay up later.

I'll pm you my number. Call me if you want to meet up. I might even bring out my Demon. lol

Wylde1.

Attachments

• SSPX0355.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 113
Wylde1:
Thanks for answering.......I will check out the Timmies on Carling Ave.
If I can talk the girl friend into coming with me.
Packing it in at 11pm is okay. I am usually done by 11pm on most
nights. I'm 49 years old.

Mike: I've heard about the Brockville show but I don't plan on drifting too
far from downtown Ottawa. This holiday is "her" holiday. We always
do what I want (Woodward Ave Dreamcruise,Moparfest,GM Autofest)
so fair is fair. I was hoping to see some cars after a day of seeing
the busker acts. But if I don't catch a cruise night it won't be the end of the
world.
Thanks for the tips guys.We will be in a Subaru Forester this weekend.
The Demon will be at home in the garage.

Wilson :)

Attachments

• Ford Ranger 012.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 134
  • summer of 2012 021.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 115
  • Holiday 2012 014.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 142
  • Trailer pickup Port Hope 2012 049.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 122
  • 100_3689.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 140
Here is a link to some cruse nights in the Ottawa area, I personally like the Kempville cruise but heard the Rideau Carleton one is good too.

Unfortunately I will be out of town this weekend or I'd suggest goin fer a brew somewheres

Hope you have a great time this weekend!

Troy

-
Back