ouch

-

killnine

Reaction score
My whole front suspension replacement has been a learning experience. More so though, it's tearing me up. I was out for a week with a bad back, went back to it and one day was enough to put me back in bed. I must be getting old, I used to just get sore. At least I won't have to do it again for years. Anyone have any magic mixtures to throw on my back and make it work again :)

I'm in really rough shape. At 65, with a lot of joint problems, a chassis hoist has been my salvation. I simply have to take a breath, stand back and plan very carefully, and "not be" in a hurry.

I'm in really rough shape. At 65, with a lot of joint problems, a chassis hoist has been my salvation. I simply have to take a breath, stand back and plan very carefully, and "not be" in a hurry.

Yeah you definitely have to put some thought into it. I think jacking around on the steering box trying to get it seated properly is what did it. That thing is heavy, cumbersome, and did a real number on me. I didn't realize the damage I had done until the next day.

Oh! I woke up with a backache
Backache! Backache!
I thought I ought to go to the first aid tin
Where I found something for my backache
Backache! Backache!
I rubbed in some cream and started to scream! Oh no!!!

[Chorus:]
Firey Jack Firey Jack- It's red hot on your back
Firey Jack Firey Jack- Believe me it does knack
Firey Jack Firey Jack- It's red hot on your back
Firey Jack

Now I had a back ache on me backache
Backache Backache!
I jumped into the bath full of cold water
The firey Jack had made me backache
Backache Backache!
I'm worse than before I can't take anymore
Oh no!!!

[Chorus]

Oh! If you do get a backache
Backache backache!
And you feel you have to reach for the first aid tin
Think! Life is not that bad with a backache
If you see a tin with firey Jack in
Stay awayyyyy...

[Chorus]

[Chorus]

Its red hot... on your back... on your back

PK-1065.jpg

[ame]http://youtu.be/ActFW-rUYXM[/ame]

just get younger....that's what i do.

My wife had bought a lounge chair for the yard, and I found that if I layed in it with it folded out so I laid all the way back, it took all the weight off my spine, similar to laying on the floor and putting your knees up over a bed or something. I don't know what model it is but it has a built in pad in the lumbar area, and puts a curve in under the knees and lays you back all the way. Spending most of my non-working time in this chair yesterday was the key to not making things worse I think.

-
Back