out on the road...... supposed to be a real 70 hemi cuda !!!!

-

340plot

the bushy bush
Reaction score
i am on the road, going to see if this car is the real deal. 70 hemi cuda, and guy swears to be numbers matching, for sum god-forbiddin low asking price. this was not a on-line find, but through word of mouth. almost to kansas. they say " no place like home !

i think i got all the info figured out to know if it is real, and if i got a question, you guys will have to help!

pics up tommorow!

I hear, if you get lost....all ya gotta do.... is cllick your heels!

If its real, the vin will start out with BS2*R If it doesn't have an R as the fifth number, its not real.

Also look for the "HEMI FENDER" tag and the leaf spring perches being boxed

Good luck brother.
My dads neighbor has an AAR, TA and a factory 440-6 with the rear window louvers still on it sitting outside for the last 30 years rotting.
These are complete cars.
Not to mention all the standard 383 and 340 cudas and challangers sitting in the yard rotting, mostly factory bill-bord cars with original paint that are not wrecked.
He has at least 30 cudas and challengers.
Nothing is for sale don't ask.
Stacks of shaker hoods, 440's 340's extra motors sitting outside in the weather.
I don't think he has a hemi car.

When my wife moved out to Oregon from North Carolina, she drove through Kansas.

She made it clear that that would be the first and last time she ever drove across that state.

When my wife moved out to Oregon from North Carolina, she drove through Kansas.

She made it clear that that would be the first and last time she ever drove across that state.

Who, exactly, was "Kan", and why are people always talking about his ***? lol

well, after about 1,350.00 in exspences, come to find out it is not a true car. i would consider it a tribute. awesome car for the money, but not for me. this is why i get so mad when guys' riducule us flippers. not all deals pan out, and who do i complain to for the lost exspence monies involved.

anyway, should be home in the am, and need some much needed sleep!

Feel your pain buddy.Most are exactly that-tributes.They are still out there but getting harder to find.Better luck on the next one!

Last I heard there were a fairly limited number of those cars ever built.... and I believe it was Galen? It is also rumored that someone knows the current disposition of each & every Hemi car that was built in the early 70's. What is interesting about this is over the course of the last 6 years I have tripple the number built driving on the street and only three have admitted to being trophy's or tributes..... also since Mopar has no real factory data historical info....it is fairly difficult to prove validity....I have heard it can be done to some nominal level of certainty....but for the $$ those cars were being ssold for a few years back....tributes were popping up like popcorn!!! as unscrupulous as it is...re- badge -ing has been known to be done to quite a few....so much so that warnings were issued a while back listing the hemi cars KNOWN to have been crushed!! BOTTOM LINE buyer beware! and insist upon a validation review BY galen or someone before you drop 300+++++k

-
Back