Out with the old in with the old

-
Do you have a build thread on that blue duster ?? Sits just perfect ... Any wheel and tire combo specs??

White Scoops

After a round of Plastidip

Plan is to change everything that is white to black.

Finally disassembled enough to get the grill out. I'm going to take this chance to adjust the driver side bumper mount to get it back in the right spot.

I hit it with Simple Green and a scotchbrite pad and now it's primed and ready for paint

Going to go back with a satin black for the grill and headlight surrounds.

Presto Chango.. First time using plastidip. I made a few mistakes that I'll go back and fix. I learned that you need to pull the tape while the dip is still wet to get a crisp line. I also didn't get the rood as uniform as I'd like. I'll hit again later but it's good enough for now. Took 5 cans to do the scoops, stripe, and roof.

Do you have a build thread on that blue duster ?? Sits just perfect ... Any wheel and tire combo specs??

Just saw this.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=205942 is the build thread.

You can click my name and search by "Threads started by" and find a few more threads on it. I appreciate the compliment. Wheels are covered in the thread 245/45/17 on mustang wheels. There is a very extensive thread on here where lots of members show pics of their car running mustang wheels.

I kinda liked the white but would have done the scoops body color. I also think the grill needs some silver in it. It looses it details in all flat black.

I kinda liked the white but would have done the scoops body color. I also think the grill needs some silver in it. It looses it details in all flat black.

I like the black and blue, it is a good combo.

I originally planned to blackout the grille of my 67 barracuda, but after seeing the one west coast customs did, I thought much of the Mopar character was gone

any plans for the wheels?

Attachments

• hemi_barracuda_4.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 127

I didn't have any body color paint and leaving them white would have looked odd to me. I'm probably going to matte black the center of the hood so they will blend better then.

I was torn on the decision to silver some of the grill. I actually had the paint in my hand from painting the turn signal housing. If I was going to stay with the blue I'd have went with silver, but the car will be completely blacked out at some point. I'm learning how the plastidip works now.

I like the black and blue, it is a good combo.

I originally planned to blackout the grille of my 67 barracuda, but after seeing the one west coast customs did, I thought much of the Mopar character was gone

any plans for the wheels?

At least clean them up for now. I really like the weld rts wheels but I have a few other big ticket items in mind before wheels.

I think if you do the hood black out it will look better. Ill admit though that I like my cars stock appearing. That grill is a real pain in the *** to tape up by the way.

Attachments

• 184.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 123
-
Back