over the centre spring

-

b1mmuo27

Reaction score
I am trying to replace the over the centre spring on my 72 Duster 340 4 speed. Has any one done this with any this that has ideas how to get the old spring out? I have washers in the new one ready to go but the one in the car I am having issues getting a screw driver in it. Thanks

I would assume if you push down the clutch at some point the spring will open up and you can get some washers in

I am trying to replace the over the centre spring on my 72 Duster 340 4 speed. Has any one done this with any this that has ideas how to get the old spring out? I have washers in the new one ready to go but the one in the car I am having issues getting a screw driver in it. Thanks
same goes for the old one/one currently installed- stuff that prick with as many washers as you can then push the clutch in and try to pry off one side of the spring.

here is a little short on a how to-

I would assume if you push down the clutch at some point the spring will open up and you can get some washers in
I am just looking at the manual & see a hook at the short end of the spring that I believe a large screw driver & a pair of channel locks will release the end of the spring.

same goes for the old one/one currently installed- stuff that prick with as many washers as you can then push the clutch in and try to pry off one side of the spring.

here is a little short on a how to-

Thanks I have seen this video that's a B body which has a lot more room under the dash.

With my pedals out of the car, I was able to remove the old spring with no issue, it practically fell right off, it would be just as easy to reinstall if needed.

The spring is extended furthest at the center position.
Definitely tight up there, especially with the HD pedal set......
1676864715569.png

-
Back