Overflow bottle

-

SB69GTS

Reaction score
Can anyone here tell me what if any overflow bottles were used on the 69 Darts .... mine did not have one but would like to put one in and have not seen any listings on them making me think they never came with one.

No overflow bottle from the factory. I don't think they started using a coolant tank until 1972 in any A-body but I'm not 100% sure about that but I have a fan shroud and tank out of a 72 Demon 318 car.

69 didn't have one and if you add one, you need to change your style of radiator cap for it to work properly. Dennis

The old radiators without a puke tank had a one way cap on them. They puked out coolant and it was over. Sealed until next time.
The later systems with puke tank have a two way cap so that as the system cools down, it creates a vacuum and draws the coolant in the tank back into the radiator. It actually has two seals in it.
I had some pics of the different caps that I have posted before. I'll see if I can locate them or you can Google two way radiator cap and it can show you more. Dennis

No overflow bottle from the factory. I don't think they started using a coolant tank until 1972 in any A-body but I'm not 100% sure about that but I have a fan shroud and tank out of a 72 Demon 318 car.
My 66 Dart came factory with a recovery tank.Just sayin..

Rad Caps for a overflow bottle have 2 rubber gaskets.Without a picture the best way to describe is ,Inner touches the coolant in the neck, Outer seals the neck of the cap to the rim of the rad. I know clear as rusty coolant...........!

-
Back