Overpriced Used Parts for A bodies

-
I see a lot of guys here making fun of the prices on Craigslist adds, I get a good laugh on the overpriced "for sale" adds on here.

Overpriced?Hoarders?Greedy?I have heard just about all the whining,bellyaching,crying,sobbing,stories that could ever be conceived for the purpose of getting something for nothing.These are the same guys that want you to give them parts because they-sob,sob,can't afford them.And the parts they want are not run of the mill parts they are big block aluminum heads,4speed,Dana's.Oh yeah put a Kia in your A body I couldn't care less

I have no problem paying for something I need. But yes hoarders. I know a few guys that buy up everything they can for the sake of buying them or because they may need those parts someday. And I have giving away parts to members on a few occasions.

Think A-Bodies are bad? Try finding new parts for a 1st Generation (1979-1986) Dodge D50 / Plymouth Arrow Truck...

Nobody produces Fenders, Door Skins, Patch Panels, Floors, etc for them. The only body part you can buy for them is Rocker Panels (And even those are getting hard to find).

Need parts for the engine? Everything that is still available, has to be special ordered, or is no longer in production and none in the warehouses. When the 2.5L Turbo Diesel (stroked 2.3L) that was in my truck needed an Injection Pump, I searched the web and called junkyards all across the United States. Took me 2-3 months to find it and at the time it was the only one for sale in the United States and came from a junkyard in Alaska.

Be happy that we at least have Aftermarket Support and Parts Availability for our A-Bodies, because it sure isn't out there for my truck :sad5:

Oh one last thing, and this is from first hand knowledge, Remember you get what you pay for!!!!!! If it's to good to be true, then it is. I have learned to just by quality stuff. Count on replacing the cheap stuff. Just suck it up and pay the price. if you can

I think it really has to do with the seller. I purchased 340 complete from a guy on CL in my area for $300. The same guy also sold me an 8 3/4 rear with suregrip for $500.

In my book these are great prices, but I do agree some people go overboard.

Good Lord! We drive Mopars, guys. We are born to suffer. The older the cars get, the harder they are to find, the higher the price gets. It's that way with anything. Look around and make your best deal. If you don't like the price, haggle or walk away. This is an expensive game and you need to pay to play.

also a overpriced is a-body 8 3/4 rearend. glad u can get b-body one and do little modifictions to it to make it fit for a whole cheaper.also a a-body am/fm radio to is overpriced.

I've found that patience is the key. And timing- I've bought a few things from guys on here that were real bargains just because I happened to be on the site when the item was first posted. I recently bought a 71 Swinger as a donor car for my 71 Demon build. I could not find a front bench seat with the headrests and good tracks for under $350 plus shipping if they were willing to ship. Also needed the front windshield, both front fenders, and the dash. Got the Swinger for $800 delivered and don't have to pay for all the different parts or shipping. Deals are out there but the market conditions set the price- supply and demand. If the price is too high the part won't sell. If it does sell then obviously the price wasn't too high.

What gets me is the low ballers. They are just offensive to me.

Try finding stuff for a 64 Fairlane....want to talk to pricey....

Why do you insist on pointing fingers-calling names and acting like a butthead?Noone ownes the exclusive rights to the mopar/Chrysler hobby.I will guarantee that I have been in this hobby/parts/car/truck/salvage business as long as anyone here and all your crying and whining will not change anything.you will find that your small bunch of whiners will not have the parts base you need.then you will have to go to the hoarders that own the salvage yards because they have hoarded the cars and parts.

I don't know about everyone else but as times got harder and prices for everything went higher my buying got slower it would take me 5-7 years from start to finish to put something together but now i have been working on my dart wagon for 10 years because it's harder to find the parts and the time to put into it but i have a good time meeting people buying parts from them and yes sometimes walking away from something when i just can't afford it. But i do have a close group of friends that if i have it and they need it it there's just come get it but it works both ways a friend gave me his just rebuilt 833 that was for his 68 383 gts no questions asked and when he needed a street hemi intake and carbs for his engine hell it didn't even have to give it to him i told him were it was in the garage and go over to the house and get it. I think thats what the hobby is about nice people helping out like minded people just for the fun of it. Damn has anyone ever been around some chevy **** when they get pumped up about some hard to find chevy part they are like your worst enemy you just slept with their wife and don't put the wrong bolt in the wrong place on your corvette it's worse than the last war we were in.

My beef is the parts listed on Flea Bay are all new bolts, screws, bits of crap you can pick up anywhere, Rock Auto parts relisted on Ebay . Where are all the good used parts. I have been looking for a Heater Demister Control for my Duster for months and it is proving very difficult. I have a 58 Imperial that I find easier to buy parts for and production figures for these are a lot less than a duster.

Point being???????

I dont know, Could be that one second your saying people are acting like babies and calling names and the next your calling people names.

You know the saying, opinions are like a$$holes, everyone has one and they all stink. No reason to start attacking people.

My beef is the parts listed on Flea Bay are all new bolts, screws, bits of crap you can pick up anywhere, Rock Auto parts relisted on Ebay . Where are all the good used parts. I have been looking for a Heater Demister Control for my Duster for months and it is proving very difficult. I have a 58 Imperial that I find easier to buy parts for and production figures for these are a lot less than a duster.

The reason 58 Imperial parts are so much easier to find is there is a lighted demand for them.

I see-you have a problem discerning the difference between-acting like and being.now that it is known the level that you converse on I can only ask your sincere apology as I felt the level of your knowledge was higher.again my apology for my mistake

I don't know about everyone else but as times got harder and prices for everything went higher my buying got slower it would take me 5-7 years from start to finish to put something together but now i have been working on my dart wagon for 10 years because it's harder to find the parts and the time to put into it but i have a good time meeting people buying parts from them and yes sometimes walking away from something when i just can't afford it. But i do have a close group of friends that if i have it and they need it it there's just come get it but it works both ways a friend gave me his just rebuilt 833 that was for his 68 383 gts no questions asked and when he needed a street hemi intake and carbs for his engine hell it didn't even have to give it to him i told him were it was in the garage and go over to the house and get it. I think thats what the hobby is about nice people helping out like minded people just for the fun of it. Damn has anyone ever been around some chevy **** when they get pumped up about some hard to find chevy part they are like your worst enemy you just slept with their wife and don't put the wrong bolt in the wrong place on your corvette it's worse than the last war we were in.

argee with you 100% on this. x2

also a overpriced is a-body 8 3/4 rearend. glad u can get b-body one and do little modifictions to it to make it fit for a whole cheaper.also a a-body am/fm radio to is overpriced.

hey I will gladly trade you my overpriced A-body am/fm radio for your over priced A-body 8 3/4 rear :D

It's because too many people are trying to make a business out of the hobby. Once that happens, prices skyrocket for those of us who are just looking to build a car and not run a wannabe business.

I dont know, Could be that one second your saying people are acting like babies and calling names and the next your calling people names.

You know the saying, opinions are like a$$holes, everyone has one and they all stink. No reason to start attacking people.

AGREED...NO REASON to attack people,unless for some reason you took it personally...and that would be your problem.

Parts bring what the market will bare. If it is to much, hell don't buy it! I never in my wildest dreams thought a OEM 6- pack air filter element would bring 500.00, but it happened on E-bay. If someone will pay it, I guess it ain't to much.

Overpriced?Hoarders?Greedy?I have heard just about all the whining,bellyaching,crying,sobbing,stories that could ever be conceived for the purpose of getting something for nothing.These are the same guys that want you to give them parts because they-sob,sob,can't afford them.And the parts they want are not run of the mill parts they are big block aluminum heads,4speed,Dana's.Oh yeah put a Kia in your A body I couldn't care less

hell yes thank u

-
Back