Overpriced Used Parts for A bodies

-
Hell, most of my stuff usually gets sold at a loss. I've only sold one car for more than I paid for it, and if you subtract 5 years of storage fees I paid, I really just broke even. If I don't like the price of something I move on, someone else always has one cheaper.

Honestly the get out of the hobby attitude is just plain rude...I've long held the opinion Mopar parts prices are idiotic. It's not a Lambo folks. It's a rusty mass produced transport that will get you crap gas mileage,build quality sucked..and the parts rapists will...well rape you..

lucky we live in the USA...don't like the PRICE ... GO SOMEWHERE ELSE... simple..

Its not a hobby. Its been my transportation for 20+ years. I'm not a restoration freak.
I refuse to give in to "The System" which is: Getting raped by the dealerships.

?? You can buy a newer car without going to a dealer. Then learn to work on it and not have to be bothered with a dealer

Facts are parts are getting slimmer and slimmer and price will continue to do up. Not much anyone can do about that. Just the way it is

It is everything no mater what. All about money....... just keeping you home going - electric, gas, phone, food. Where does it stop. My pay don't seem to get any bigger.:wack:

Facts are parts are getting slimmer and slimmer and price will continue to do up. Not much anyone can do about that. Just the way it is

Especially when you have parts hoarders that buy everything they can just to have. They will most likely die with their priced collection and all those parts will get tossed.

If you don't like what people charge for the parts they had the foresight to save you can always come on FABO plead hardship and beg for parts , heck you can even sell the car you build with all those free parts here on FABO as well , We pay more up here in Canada because the weather damaged our yard cars so badly and if we want it from down south we get raped on the shipping it's the reality of owning collectible cars .

I bought a 1970 340 4speed Duster new for $2805.00. Now days you can't buy one at any price, (new). Ted Stephens of Al. just bought a real nice one that was almost like the one I bought new. He just paid $28,000.00! Supply and demand, has always been the motor that drives our economy.

hey cool, I want to cash in on this overprice scam
hhmm...lets see now....how about

68/69 barracuda AM/FM thumbwheel radio $900
Edelbrock LD4B intake excellent used condition $450
rare 1964, 65, 66, Barracuda back window $1500

now I just sit back and wait for the money to start rolling in!

I bought a 1970 340 4speed Duster new for $2805.00. Now days you can't buy one at any price, (new). Ted Stephens of Al. just bought a real nice one that was almost like the one I bought new. He just paid $28,000.00! Supply and demand, has always been the motor that drives our economy.

Cool I know someone with a beautiful OE numbers matching 40k miles 360 Duster he wants to sell but people laugh at him and call him crazy when asked for 20K obo so have this Ted guy pm me and I`ll hook him up

Cool I know someone with a beautiful OE numbers matching 40k miles 360 Duster he wants to sell but people laugh at him and call him crazy when asked for 20K obo so have this Ted guy pm me and I`ll hook him up

Since it is a 360 I assume 74 model? Big difference in a 70 340 all original Duster. But hey your buddy has the right to ask 50k for it. It's worth what someone will pay, no more no less.

Here is his contact.

http://www.stephensperformance.com/

hey cool, I want to cash in on this overprice scam
hhmm...lets see now....how about

68/69 barracuda AM/FM thumbwheel radio $900
Edelbrock LD4B intake excellent used condition $450
rare 1964, 65, 66, Barracuda back window $1500

now I just sit back and wait for the money to start rolling in!
LOL I'll sell my LD4B for that also LOL

Especially when you have parts hoarders that buy everything they can just to have. They will most likely die with their priced collection and all those parts will get tossed.

How many million A-bodies did they make? There is no parts shortage.

I have to agree some guys think their parts are made of gold. Like everything else though the economy gets bad they need money they sell LOL

Oh one last thing, and this is from first hand knowledge, Remember you get what you pay for!!!!!! If it's to good to be true, then it is. I have learned to just by quality stuff. Count on replacing the cheap stuff. Just suck it up and pay the price. if you can

The cost of everything has at least quadrupled since the 90's. gas, milk, food, I candy bars that were bigger for .35$. Car parts is no exception. Mid 90s 380hp magnum crate was 3599. About 10k now. The past is just that, the past.

I remember the crate engine when it just came out. I think the reason the motor and everything else that Mopar is trying to sell went up is because Mopar Perf. = Dealership = $$$$$

And heres another idea. Put a G.M drive train in your mopar. Cheap on parts,and will piss off the purists lol...And you could go to chevie web sights beg for parts and sell your car off,lol...:happy1:

And heres another idea. Put a G.M drive train in your mopar. Cheap on parts,and will piss off the purists lol...And you could go to chevie web sights beg for parts and sell your car off,lol...:happy1:

better idea
get a chevy, beg parts from chevy web sight, then sell chevy and use money to finish MOPAR! :finga:

How many million A-bodies did they make? There is no parts shortage.

Lol... Forty plus years ago. Not really many being daily driven wrecked and parted out now days either.

A lot of "A" body parts cannot be bought without a search and the world wide web today. Being that you can't just go down the street and expect most parts to be sitting on a shelf at a local retailer. I would say "A" body parts are somewhat rare and can often be hard to find depending on the item.

A while back I was working on a 93 Ford work truck with a 460 engine. Looking for a water pump locally. No luck at all from local dealers or parts houses, had to order online or special order. I was surprised that no one locally would stock a part as common as a 460 water pump. That truck was at least twenty years newer than most of our "A" body cars.

-
Back