Overseas/International shipping questions???

-

BrianT

Here we go again...
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have a guy in Sweden that wants to buy a part from me. How is the best way to exchange funds and then ship the part?!? Anyone have any good or bad experiences doing this? Thanks in advance for any help or advice!!

Depends on how big the part is. I've sold a lot of stuff to European customers. PayPal is what I used for payment most of the time and I never had any problems. I have had a few guys send cash on occaision - I think they were mostly Polish mobsters, though. :cwm10: I use USPS for the small stuff - never lost anything to Europe. Make sure you take the actual package in for the quote, though - you never know what they're going to charge when you actually get there and you'll be able to pick up the right customs forms then. I use FedEx for big stuff like bumpers - if you have an account with them you can call Great Rates and get shipping to certain countries reduced up to 50%.

When I buy items from guys in the US I use paypal, it´s by far the easiest way to make a payment over the sea. Of course I can use an envelope to send cash or a bankiers chek but then it´s always the risk of that it get lost in the mail. When shipping to me I prefer the USPS, never had any trouble with them.

Thanks for your replies guys! I am looking for a box to ship the steering wheel in and I will take it to the post office tomorrow. Paypal sounds like the way to go!

Paypal will take care of the payment and the cheapest way to ship to Sweden is by US air mail.

-
Back