overseas Mopars

-

pishta

I know I'm right....
Reaction score
spotted this in an old (1981) picture of my Marine Barracks, Subic Bay, Philippines. Had to have been a Navy permanent personell vehicle. Cant make out the billboard callout.
1664989646514.png

The first time we went to the U.K. I saw a bright red Dodge Viper. There were Hemi Magnums and Hemi Rams. Saw all kinds of muscle cars but no G.M. muscle cars. We were in this little village and in a gift shop and I heard a familiar sound. I stepped outside and there was an Anglia with a 4 link and wheelie bars with a blown Ford small block. Our passion is world-wide.

Worked as a wetback driving trucks 1998- 2000 in France, saw a lot of Jeep Wagoneers. Man fuel cost must been brutal

I recently mailed out some parts to a guy in ESTONIA, of all countries, that has a 70 Cuda, that he had brought over.
Who woulda thunk it?

I recently mailed out some parts to a guy in ESTONIA, of all countries, that has a 70 Cuda, that he had brought over.
Who woulda thunk it?

Despite gas consumption, old american cars, especially muscle cars, are very popular in Europe.
Everyday, a lot of them arrive in Le Havre harbour.
The most popular are 1st gen.Mustang, Camaro and Corvette, but sometimes Mopars. Mainly e-bodies.

Each year our Mopar club works the Grand National Roadster Show in Pomona (SoCal). Always lots of attendees from Australia, Great Britain, France, Japan, New Zealand, and Sweden. It's fun to listen to the various accents and talk to them.
Several years ago I met a pair of guys visiting from Poland that had a street rod shop 'back home'. Who knew there was a street rod industry in Poland?
Each year it amazes me to see the amount of people that travel to Pomona just for the long weekend to take in the GNRS show.

Each year our Mopar club works the Grand National Roadster Show in Pomona (SoCal). Always lots of attendees from Australia, Great Britain, France, Japan, New Zealand, and Sweden. It's fun to listen to the various accents and talk to them.
Several years ago I met a pair of guys visiting from Poland that had a street rod shop 'back home'. Who knew there was a street rod industry in Poland?
Each year it amazes me to see the amount of people that travel to Pomona just for the long weekend to take in the GNRS show.
I was in the U.K. a few years ago and in the little village in a gift shop. I heard something I recognized coming down the street. I went outside and there was a late 40's Anglia that was tubbed with wheelie bars and a blown Ford small block. Sounded mighty healthy and right behind him his buddy had a Vanguard that was basically the same set up. My wife had the phone so couldn't take pictures but sure was nice to see and hear and alive in the U.K.

I read a story in Hot Rod magazine recently about a couple who had moved from Poland and started a hot rod shop in California, maybe the same people?

Yeah petrol is brutal but the regular in the U.K. is 95 octane and I think the premium is 98.

EU ratings are 95/98, which are equivalent to US ratings of 91/93.
So, EU 95 octane = US 91 octane and EU 98 octane = US 93 octane

There is a slightly different octane rating so it is not a 1:1 relationship. But I think that EU does have a slightly higher base octane rating than the 87 swill we find on most of our pumps.

-
Back