Oversized exhaust valves

-
Just how bad did the seat get hurt ? If it isn't too bad, just lap it in and go. From the sound of it, its a low/no dollar build any way. If its bad see if a shop will give it a kiss with the stone. Probably charge you next to nothing if anything at all.

Doesn't sound like a ton. See if the shop will work with you on a little grind to see where the cleanup is. I assume you're talking 1 seat? If it doesn't sink too much, you may be able to shorten that valve and get a decent height as far as the other's.

Just how bad did the seat get hurt ? If it isn't too bad, just lap it in and go. From the sound of it, its a low/no dollar build any way. If its bad see if a shop will give it a kiss with the stone. Probably charge you next to nothing if anything at all.

I think we're on the same page...:thumleft:

I ported heads when I was 19 blah, blah, blah..they flowed *** CFM blah, blah blah.. I want to let everyone on this sight know this and how great I am... blah, blah, blah. Yeah I saw you sticking it to Ramm in the other thread... I'm not a fan...
Read this one, Proverbs 27:2 since you like that sort of stuff.
Are you done with the trumpet blowing yet again??? OK good.

My point is oh man of 25 years head porting experience, that you don't even know what the rest of the seats are like in these heads do you?. Fact is the OP said he probably needs new valves anyway, which to me sounds like seat valves even the guides are well worn. Who's to say even if he cuts this seat, that this will be the most sunken valve in the head? Maybe these heads have been serviced in the past and other exhaust seats are even worse than the one we are talking about?? Maybe in reality, once checked, it may be found that ALL the exhausts need overhauling?If the heads are done at home without the aid of a bench, who's to say the one with the sunken valve will flow the worst?. Who's to say how much it will effect the flow and if that will have any real effect on the HP of his engine?

Please don't go trying to put words in my mouth.
I didn't say he ruined his heads, what I'm saying is that there is a greater chance of uneven flow from port to port on home done heads so the one with the sunken valve may not necessarily be the one with the worst flow.
But being an expert, then you would already know that. :)

Aw, did I step on your vajohnson? Sorry, didn't see it there.
How could I put words in your mouth when your foot takes up all the room in there.
So your *** is raw from some other thread you read, not even your thread, So you follow me to this one and start flapping your buttcheecks?

Save your baby fit for someone who cares, cause now youre skrewing this thread up.

Aw, did I step on your vajohnson? Sorry, didn't see it there.
How could I put words in your mouth when your foot takes up all the room in there.
So your *** is raw from some other thread you read, not even your thread, So you follow me to this one and start flapping your buttcheecks?

Save your baby fit for someone who cares, cause now youre skrewing this thread up.

OOOOHHH Homebrew, :) you get all nasty when someone dims your spotlight a little. Vajohnson,***, buttcheeks... The 14 year old kid down the street uses those words when he gets in a huff...and your trying to say that I'm screwing this thread up??? LOL.. your a class act :)
News Flash Homebrew... No one is following you anywhere.... Including me.
Anyway shouldn't you be busy doing this:
Sure bud, will do.
I'll put a 1.88 valve in some 356 heads , mildly port them ,post pics and they will flow more than the magnums in this thread.
Or is that all talk, no action???

OOOOHHH Homebrew, :) you get all nasty when someone dims your spotlight a little. Vajohnson,***, buttcheeks... The 14 year old kid down the street uses those words when he gets in a huff...and your trying to say that I'm screwing this thread up??? LOL.. your a class act :)
News Flash Homebrew... No one is following you anywhere.... Including me.
Anyway shouldn't you be busy doing this:

Or is that all talk, no action???

Joined in 2007 with one hundred and zero posts till lately, smells like a rat. You must be a member with multiple screen names, another anonymous internet nut job.
And you seem to know a lot about 14 yr olds and what they say too.

I got one better for you. Prove you know more than me, and prove how much you could care less about what I say, fakerlite.

Btw, you are so bright...that you didn't notice that 356 heads don't exist and call me on my typo. You are so smart though, you totally have the 14 yr old lingo down pat, homie.

Btw, you are so bright...that you didn't notice that 356 heads don't exist and call me on my typo. You are so smart though, you totally have the 14 yr old lingo down pat, homie.

Oh.... So we won't be seeing any 356 heads then????
Maybe now you understand why I quoted it. :) You sprung my trap early.. you trumpet blower you.
As far as your typo, well, no one else bothered to correct it either, but as I said in the news flash Homebrew... no one is following you..and it seems no one is paying any real attention to what you have to say either.
And just remember.. Vajohnson,***, Buttcheeks... they were all words you used......... Homie.

Now you sound like a woman.

I'm sorry...but can you ladies keep your hormones out of this hobby, thanks.
Oh right... so now your picking on the ladies...what's next??? The elderly???
People of Walmart ??? the mind just boggles at the depths you will stoop to.. I'm aghast...

Oh.... So we won't be seeing any 356 heads then????
Maybe now you understand why I quoted it. :) You sprung my trap early.. you trumpet blower you.
As far as your typo, well, no one else bothered to correct it either, but as I said in the news flash Homebrew... no one is following you..and it seems no one is paying any real attention to what you have to say either.
And just remember.. Vajohnson,***, Buttcheeks... they were all words you used......... Homie.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Thanks :happy1:

Couldn't have said it better myself. Thanks :happy1:
No problems Homebrew, any time you need me to put words in your mouth, just give me a buzz..I'll be glad to help. ( Cue: Burt Reynolds laughing)

Or better still...........
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YN4SKZ_emvU"]Burt Reynolds Laugh in Hooper - YouTube[/ame]

Now my biggest disappointment is not having anyone to pass on what I've learned over the last 50 years. I do think outside the box but where would we be if everything was in a pretty box with a bow on it? Let's all learn from each other and not be afraid of "what if."

What if, you do as I did, (when I retired the 1st time), and put an ad in your local "whatever" offering mechanical/electrical/whatever help on project cars..

I did, and was amazed at the number of project cars locally needing "help" getting something done, that had become their stumbling block/excuse to not get it done..

It is amazingly rewarding,, and now I have a new clientele of Muscle Cars I help them maintain,, and a whole pile of appreciative friends.. They're all learning how to do it themselves, with guidance..

Folks around here just can't find "techs" to work on those old fandangled carbed cars... what a hoot..

hope it works for you,, I get up every morning to work on something I truly love ... so kewl... cheers

:burnout:I was a assistant at a local speed shop,20 years ago. The learning curve I received,was a huge improvement over the local college teaching. Also gave me a thirst for more knowledge, it's addictive.

-
Back