Owner of Super Shops

-

Double M

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
I recieved news today that Harry Eberlin, who started San Bernardino Racing Equipment (SBRE) which morphed into Super Shops died Tuesday, Novermber 3, 2015. I've known Harry since 1964 and used to work for him and have had dinner at his house. He was a good friend and I thought he was a great guy. I lived just one block from SBRE.

Thought I'd pass this along, don't know if it's been mentioned here or not.

Russ.

Awww Russ, that truly sucks. I'm sorry to hear about your friend. We all have lots of Super Shop memories ... this is one of mine. They were on Slimer the day I bought it in April of 1991 and will always stay there. I bought my headers for $109.99 and countless other parts from the Baseline store. RIP Mr. Eberlin. :angel12:

View attachment Super Shops decal.jpg

I grew up in San Bernardino. I bought LOTS of goodies from the Baseline super shop. Those were the days! RIP.

I grew up in San Bernardino. I bought LOTS of goodies from the Baseline super shop. Those were the days! RIP.

Our paths must have crossed many times Tim. SBRE was my "hangout". In the '60's and '70's I worked just down baseline at J&L Machine.

Russ.

IIRC, Crackedback said he worked (managed) a S/Shops store in Inland Empire somewhere.

I remember when they first opened the store in Macon. It was really cool. They put it in the wrong neighborhood though, which ultimately resulted in too much loss and the store eventually closed.

Sorry for the loss of your friend. Sounds like yall were pretty close.

May he RIP.

Our paths must have crossed many times Tim. SBRE was my "hangout". In the '60's and '70's I worked just down baseline at J&L Machine.

Russ.
Might have. every dollar xtra I had they got!

I frequented a Super Shops somewhere in the Memphis area back in the early 90s when I had my 442. They were always knowledgeable and very friendly. Sorry for the loss of your friend. RIP Mr. Eberlin.

IIRC, Crackedback said he worked (managed) a S/Shops store in Inland Empire somewhere.

Yes I did, not the IE. Costa Mesa, Grove, oxnard, dallas, etc...

Sorry to hear about his passing. His son Ray worked at the CM store with me for quite a while.

Very sad deal. My boss was the district manager for the west coast stores back during super shops glory days. I was told that he committed suicide after dealing with mouth and throat cancer for some time.

I bought my first set of drag radials from Super Shops back in the 90's in Raleigh NC.Nice gear head shop but they eventually went under.

Sorry for your loss.

wow Supershops, havent heard that name in years

i was born & raised in Eagle Rock, CA and used to spend all kinds of time at the Colorado Blvd store looking at all the cool speed parts and watching stuff get installed on cars as a teenager

that place, at that time, with me at that age, and all the hopped up cars running around town is a pretty big part of why im a car nut to this day and its due in large part to our local Super Shops - i was pretty bummed when it closed down

RIP Harry! hope youre doin' a bunch of cool burnouts in that big neighborhood in the sky buddy!!! = )

-
Back