Oz Noob Update Pics

-

OzzieMozzie

Seasoned Muffdiver
Reaction score
G'day all, I promised you guys & gals some pics of my cuda with it's new wheels. I had to change the stud pattern from early to late to fit these wheels but the effort has been worthwhile I think. It originally had 8 1/2" rallye wheels all round which caused problems in the front end with turning corners, so they had to go in favour of these Centerline Convo Pro's 8 1/2" rears and 4" fronts to give it that "Pro Street" look. What do you guys think ?

Barracuda005.jpg

Barracuda003.jpg

Barracuda011.jpg

Barracuda010.jpg

Barracuda015.jpg

Barracuda016.jpg

Dam nice looking Cuda!
What size rear rubber do you have?

I also like the car in your aviatar.

G'day again brothers and sisters, just another pic update of my cuda. I got rid of the white stripes and replaced them with black ones which I think look a lot better. I've also fitted a Grant steering wheel. I've just recently got the car put on club rego and took it for it's first real drive on the weekend as we had our second annual Tamworth Chrysler Cruzers show & shine and mystery tour. I knew that the car would have some minor issues to sort out so this was a good test run for her, it overheated 3 times on the cruise so I guess I still have some work to do.

BlackStripeBarracuda001.jpg

BlackStripeBarracuda003.jpg

BlackStripeBarracuda005.jpg

it overheated 3 times on the cruise so I guess I still have some work to do.

The car looks great !
Overheating will shorten the life of an engine. Best to find and solve those internal problems and leave the cosmetic as is for a while.

it overheated 3 times on the cruise so I guess I still have some work to do.

The car looks great !
Overheating will shorten the life of an engine. Best to find and solve those internal problems and leave the cosmetic as is for a while.

Yeah I realise that but I had no idea of what the car was going to do until I drove it and that was the first time I actually drove the car. Now that I know there is a cooling problem, that will definately be my next plan of attack. Thanks for your input Redfish. :-D

I like the black stripe better too!!
If the car has not been driven very much you should check the thermostat, It might be stuck open or closed, But I figure you have already new that.
I do want to say that is one good looking barracuda.:cheers:

Good looking Barracudo Oz -
Just curious, how much to the Centerlines cost 'down under'? They're readily available through Summit Racing here for US$175 each for the fronts and US$193 each for the rears. Centerline also offers special reduced pricing at times on their website for 'overstocks'.
In reply to your recent question, I like both the white stripe and the black stripe. Each gives the car a slightly different 'look'. But at the end of the day, it's your car and it's got to please you most of all.

It looks very nice. I like the black. It go's well with the black out grill and tail panel. I looks like you need to air up the fronts a little. Or is that 440 smaching them? LOL

Happy motoring!

I have to agree, I like pink fish as much as the next guy :toothy10: The only way I got to paint my duster blue is by PROMISING my 3 girls that I would do it fm3 next time around. :)
Looks fantastic!

Is that a factory colour?
Daryl

Yeah Daryl it's a 70 Challenger colour "Panther pink"

I like the black stripe better too!!
If the car has not been driven very much you should check the thermostat, It might be stuck open or closed, But I figure you have already new that.
I do want to say that is one good looking barracuda.:cheers:

Thanks Mike, yeah you're right I already tested the thermostat in a saucepan of boiling water and it's working fine. I've since diagnosed the problem as being the radiator cap. It's designed to have a recovery system 16psi cap and the car had no recovery tank, so as a test I put a 13psi non recovery cap on and it only reached half on the temp gauge. Now I'm going to get a 15psi recovery cap and tank and fit that, then I should have it fixed.

Good looking Barracudo Oz -
Just curious, how much to the Centerlines cost 'down under'? They're readily available through Summit Racing here for US$175 each for the fronts and US$193 each for the rears. Centerline also offers special reduced pricing at times on their website for 'overstocks'.
In reply to your recent question, I like both the white stripe and the black stripe. Each gives the car a slightly different 'look'. But at the end of the day, it's your car and it's got to please you most of all.

I don't know how much the Centerlines cost new as I bought these ones second hand including tyres for AU$1500.

It looks very nice. I like the black. It go's well with the black out grill and tail panel. I looks like you need to air up the fronts a little. Or is that 440 smaching them? LOL

Happy motoring!

In the first couple of photos (white stripe) the front tyres were 135's and I'd just bought the wheels and put them on to see what they'd look like. In the second lot of pics (black stripe) I changed the front tyres to brand new 165's hence they had the correct amount of air.

-
Back